Hey hey piggy brothers and sisters,

I've been looking into ways to control renoise with an xbox controller and stumbled upon LGPT as an alternative.  I'm just diving into W32 now.  Due to the fact that a wired usb gamepad has more buttons than the default LGPT mapping, I was curious 1) if any of you homies use a usb gamepad and 2) if you use any mappings for the extra controls.  At this point, I've assigned the right thumbstick to control page navigation, and I've mapped the Y button to the new pattern assignment, and B to delete a pattern input.  Any idea/comments?

peace to all

NC in the US of America

I use usb gamepads. I don't really like the XB controller, so I don't use it unless I'm desperate. I use my usb gamepads for LGPT, but I just have them set up for the basic controls. I also use my Logitech gamepad for emulated LSDJ on my android tablet. Way easier than on-screen controls.

Unsubscribe

Map tap tempo, it's fun.

Ooh, tap tempo is a good one.  I just installed some random free emulator on my android tab for lsdj and multitouch was messed up on it, so it made value editing pretty much impossible.  Is there an emulator you'd recommend?  Are you using bluetooth to connect?

*hijacking my own thread*

NC in the US of America

I just installed some random free emulator on my android tab for lsdj and multitouch was messed up on it, so it made value editing pretty much impossible.  Is there an emulator you'd recommend?  Are you using bluetooth to connect?

I use UltraGameEmu from the 1Mobile Market, which includes Atari 2600, GB/GBC, MD/Genesis, FC/NES, PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16, SFC/SNES, and N64.

I tried RetroArch's Gambatte, but it didn't display properly on my device. Also tried GBC A.D (or something), but that didn't let me exit out. SO, UltraGameEmu FTW.

My devices don't even have bluetooth, lol.

I'm connecting through the USB port via dongle adapter thingy. My device is a budget chinese thing (Kocaso M750B), and an Emerson 4.3" thing, both rooted out of the box. Luckily, one of my USB controllers is driverless (Logitech something. There's a list online), so all I have to do is plug and play. Didn't need to compile a joydev.ko or anything. I don't know if an XBOX360 controller would work so easily.

LSDJ on a touch screen is annoying. values jumping all over the place. Actually, anything not designed for a touch screen on a touch screen is annoying.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (Apr 25, 2013 4:33 am)

SketchMan3 wrote:

LSDJ on a touch screen is annoying. values jumping all over the place. Actually, anything not designed for a touch screen on a touch screen is annoying.

This is too true.  Any user of multiple android devices realizes this.  Trackers and button-mashing go hand in hand.  I'm using a PowerA Mini wired controller, I don't believe it's driverless.  I'll have to check that emulator out.  Sounds super-versatile.  Does it have GB linking support for multiple lsdj instances?