BOSTON

it comes in a slick transparent green cart. obviously, buy it: http://www.retrousb.com/product_info.ph … ucts_id=86

New York City

Who made the music?
The graphics don't look that hot.

Litebritedeath Land

look hot enough for NES graphics to me...

Plano, TX

The game is entirely a one-man homebrew project (at least, I believe it is) and if you've followed the NES homebrew community you'll understand how amazing this is as almost much every other homebrew NES game released are simple puzzle games, etc. I've been trying to get a copy but they sell out the day they get it in stock and the one time I've seen it in stock, they were selling a cart-only version, so I'm still waiting.

New York City

this is an april 1st

Plano, TX
akira^8GB wrote:

this is an april 1st

No.

Unsubscribe

Im glad they releases this for Pal A, the colors will look much better in that format.

New York City

PAL A doens't exist.
Asian systems are NTSC.
They may be errors anyway. Bad day to post any news, guys xD

The graphics are in no way hot, still.

Last edited by akira^8GB (Apr 1, 2010 3:51 pm)

Litebritedeath Land

gameplay > graphics

Plano, TX
akira^8GB wrote:

PAL A doens't exist.

Yes, it does. Europe has PAL-A and PAL-B NES systems, not sure the specifics but I think it's a regional (or publisher) thing.

akira^8GB wrote:

Asian systems are NTSC.

Asian and Hong Kong NES systems are PAL.

akira^8GB wrote:

They may be errors anyway. Bad day to post any news, guys xD

A little research goes a long way.

akira^8GB wrote:

The graphics are in no way hot, still.

Compared to what, exactly? The graphics are on par with some commercially released NES games and many of them had large teams of developers and artists. The graphics are fine on their own and outstanding considering the game's graphics and development were handled by one guy. It's rather unrealistic to compare a one-man homebrew game to say, Mega Man 6.

New York City

I get it, I get it.

Minneapolis

Excellent! It's nice to see concerted homebrew gaming efforts, and this is pretty slick for a one-man production. I was following this on the NESDEV forums for a while, totally cool to see he got it all wrapped up and distributed.

Philly

Even if this was an April Fool's joke, RetroUSB could definitely pull it off.  They release a ton of remake games through their site so this is totally believable to me.

Litebritedeath Land

it has been on retrousb long before today.

PDX, PDX

Am I the only one who thinks that 29.00 is a little steep for a NES game?  There are only a select few games that I'd pay that much for on the NES.

Oakland, CA

Battle Kid is no April Fool's joke,
Only the greatest in Mega Man/Metroidvania inspired Extreme Difficulty games have to offer ^_^

Imagine if you crossed the jumping/shooting from Mega Man, the Adventure Backtracking Metroid,
and the stupid hard one hit kills from "I wanna be the guy/VVVVVV" you would find this NES gem.

I left my cart at work, but Ill post pictures of it and the manual when I get in today ~_^d
Good Call BR1GHT PR1MATE