I recently bought a Green Play it Loud!, or so i thought. It  doesn't look the same color green as a PIL, has normal DMG buttons/screen protector, no Nintendo GameBoy under the screen and no model info on the back near over the battery cover. Battery cover is same color as shell. I haven't opened it yet. Does anyone know if the shell is after market?

matt's mind

most likely, can you post a picture?  i believe some people on here have found yellow ones similar to this (?yellow?)

would love to see some pics!  and have you PM me a link to where to pick one up wink

knock-offs are so interesting to me

UK, Leicester

Yeah post pics, that'd be the best way for people to judge it's authenticity

Last edited by Alpine (Apr 27, 2013 7:41 pm)

washington

i'm pretty sure justin thursday has a knockoff dmg case like this, but in blue.

I have one like that, but it's yellow. They were sold a few years back, but are difficult to find nowadays. I believe the start/select buttons were taller, and the other silicone parts were clear. But whoever installed it easily could have just used the original silicone parts.

Found a picture. Had a kitsch screen on it when I bought it, but I think they included a screen cover as well.

Last edited by Apeshit (Apr 27, 2013 11:12 pm)

Cleveland, OH

I've got the teal one:

Probably the one you said was green? I got it on eBay. The listing said it was blue and it had a terrible picture. Thought it was going to be an official blue PIL. I was not disappointed.

Last edited by thursdaycustoms (Apr 28, 2013 1:30 am)

Sorry for the long wait, my life is crazy right now.
I contacted the seller to find out some history but his reply was basically they were a bulk buyer/seller and knew nothing.

sweden

I bought mine from http://www.gameliquidation.com many many years ago. They also sold third party DMG battery covers, all had the wrong colors though. I think I bought a transparent purple one or something.

Brisbane, Australia

What colour is the inside of the housing? Could easily just be a paint/dye job.

Edit: Just noticed there's no embossed information like on normal DMGs... It's a mystery!

Last edited by jackary (May 20, 2013 7:29 am)

jackary wrote:

What colour is the inside of the housing? Could easily just be a paint/dye job.

Edit: Just noticed there's no embossed information like on normal DMGs... It's a mystery!

They're newly molded and printed. They were made by a company in China for a while.

(219) Indiana, USA

Anyone have an suggestions on where else to buy these besides where nordloef suggested. I'm only asking because the site that he linked to doesn't even seem to sell any Gameboy stuff anymore sad

No one sells them anymore. I contacted a lot of the distributors with no luck. Things like this sometimes resurface when people go through their warehouses, but don't hold your breath.

There's apparently 7 different colors too, according to the box. I have a red one like this too but the printing is white.