It would be very useful to be able to loop the phrase on all channels from inside the phrase editor.

Now composing polyphonic parts with long chains is kind of slow, when after every edit one needs to listen (b+right) from the beginning of the chain.

Also, for sample mangling an option to slide loop points would be cool.

Like, for example setting initially an extremely short loop, and then have for example LESL and LBSL commands (for end and beginning loop point) with parameters for speed (like with other slideable parameters, change at 7f for forward, backward) and distance in 256ths of the sample.
You can try this in the Renoise sample editor by just dragging the loop points around when a sample is playing, the effect is quite distinct.

instrument sync:
This would work mainly with short samples, especially single cycle waveforms. Like a control voltage oscillator sync, but the slaved instrument is instead restarted each time the master instruments loop reaches the start point. I can hear this now in my ears, and it also sounds like not such a CPU intensive action. Some logic would have to be thought out for cases where the master oscillator is playing on several channels.

Unsubscribe
Taika-Kim wrote:

Like, for example setting initially an extremely short loop, and then have for example LESL and LBSL commands (for end and beginning loop point) with parameters for speed (like with other slideable parameters, change at 7f for forward, backward) and distance in 256ths of the sample.
You can try this in the Renoise sample editor by just dragging the loop points around when a sample is playing, the effect is quite distinct.

If i understand your request the command you want 256 divide is plof

http://gorehole.org/lgptWiki/doku.php?i … #plof_aabb

PLayOFfset virtually cuts any sample in 256 chunks. jump absolutely to chunk aa or relatively move forward/back bb chunks.

To move the loop points, you can use
http://gorehole.org/lgptWiki/doku.php?i … #lpof_aaaa

LPOF 0001 adds one to both values, LFOF FFFF removes one (so values > 0x800 moves the loop backward)
    reset everytime you start a new note (same as volume, pitch)
    LPOF is absolute
    you can't trigger a note with the LPOF, it has to be executed after a sample is playing
    every time you trigger a sample LPOF is set back to the instrument parameters

Unsubscribe

Having slave/master channels is a wish of mine for years however!! Cloning is your friend until it becomes a reality.

Ah, I was under the impression that LPOF just moves both loop points forward the same amount, and that you couldn't change the length of the loop with that. Gotta try that out.

Sample offset does not really help here...

New Albany Indiana

You might want to edit the topic title for clarity.