Need some DMG screens (not the protective cover)! Perhaps you've got a Game Boy lying around that's broken in some other way? I'd rather not cannibalize from a working one. smile

ohgodno, Indiana

Think i got a few with ripped ribbons if that sparks interest

Haha I probably should have clarified that I need screens that work! XD

Pittsburgh

Kitsch is working on making replacement screens with built-in backlights, but god only knows when they may become available.

(219) Indiana, USA
Another Castle wrote:

Kitsch is working on making replacement screens with built-in backlights, but god only knows when they may become available.

WHAT?! yikes  Is he manufacturing new screens or is he just finding working ones and selling them backlight ready?

Pittsburgh

This topic will answer all of the new LCD questions you have, except for "when will this be available?"

http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/10009 … -question/

matt's mind

manufacturing new screens...  and the wait isn't as long as you'd think!

i was pretty premature before in saying they'd be done soon though, i didn't realize it then but i get a little excited about things and overlook how long it takes time to pass.  but, now, really.  soon.  samples will be red, green, blue and white. 

actually, the LCD tech stuff is completed, the holdup is over <0.5mm in the plastic guard holding it into place (i'm adopting the same mounting mechanism as nintendo basically).  its funny how things work like that...

(219) Indiana, USA
kitsch wrote:

i was pretty premature before in saying they'd be done soon though, i didn't realize it then but i get a little excited about things and overlook how long it takes time to pass.  but, now, really.  soon.  samples will be red, green, blue and white. 

actually, the LCD tech stuff is completed, the holdup is over <0.5mm in the plastic guard holding it into place (i'm adopting the same mounting mechanism as nintendo basically).  its funny how things work like that...

Once these are made I'll have five back pcbs I can actually use! I'm super excited about this!

Last edited by zaxxon (May 5, 2013 8:33 pm)

Finland
kitsch wrote:

Holy hell. I... I think I'm *blushing*! This sounds unfathomably cool! D:

Yes, that will save so many Game Boys from closets and landfills. Do you have a price yet Kitsch?

Still I'd rather not wait at all, so if anyone has any...

Oh fuck are you kidding me I just threw out a couple motherboards yesterday.

matt's mind
MooseHead wrote:

Oh fuck are you kidding me I just threw out a couple motherboards yesterday.

i'm always looking for functional back PCBs, btw wink  hit me up next time before you toss them out...

kitsch wrote:

i'm always looking for functional back PCBs, btw wink  hit me up next time before you toss them out...

I've got exactly one left but I'm definitely keeping that until your screens come in stock.

You should sell KitschBoys, y'know?

-- REMOVED --

Last edited by Enfy (Mar 5, 2019 10:45 pm)

KC

This may catch your fancy, some parts and screens and what not.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/130901622440?ss … 1555.l2649

Enfy wrote:
kitsch wrote:

I suppose that you're not planning on making screens with EL-backlighting?

Good question!