Pretty much as the title says, whenever I try to run LSDJ (or anything) on either bank of the GB Smart Card all of my Gameboy Colors either fail to turn on, or turn off after the Nintendo screen.
The card works 100% on my Original Gameboy.
It was also extremely difficult to setup; I had to re-install the software three times, and I'm running a 32-bit XP computer.
Sorry if this is a noob post, I'm just getting into the scene.

Ignore all other posts for this - The current situation of the cart is that it cannot run GBC games. GB games last for around 30 seconds before the gameboy turns itself off. LSDJ crashes after 10 seconds. On this inside of the cartridge, under the green LED, on a black chip, is an 'F' written in pencil. For the duration of the games running (on a Color), the Power light is extremely dim.

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited by Etna (May 11, 2013 10:18 am)

Bump ... There is literally nothing I can find with Google in regards to this issue ...
LSDJ also just crashed on my DMG, great!

Douglas, Wyoming

Did you make sure to check the "color" tab when syncing them to the flash?

Indeed I did.
Update - The card now works, to start with, with GBC, but LSDJ's save is corrupted and crashes after 30 seconds, and other games still refuse to work for more then 5 minutes. The power light also dims from bright red to almost nothing within seconds.

Update #5 - Games now all work on GBC; Gameboy games are fine, but GBC games cannot be played for more then 5 minutes at a time, as the power light dims quickly to nothing within that time.
I just loaded up LSDJ and a few bars of the song I was working on were corrupted.

Last edited by Etna (May 11, 2013 3:27 am)

Update #6 - MottZilla's menu finally showed up, and lo and behold, the SRAM memory was completely corrupted. Wiped it all. GB games now work 100%. However, GBC games immediately dim the Power light, and cannot last for more then ~5-7 minutes.

NC in the US of America

Can your GBC play regular official GBC carts?
Edit: Nevermind, just re-read OP

Last edited by SketchMan3 (May 11, 2013 4:12 am)

This thing is well and truly fucked. I reformat both pages over and over again, clear the SRAM even when nothing shows up, and still save data remains. Now GBC games plain out refuse to play, LSDJ can't tell tempo for shit, and crashes after less then 10 seconds. Can somebody please help me? I'm at my wits' end.

Last edited by Etna (May 11, 2013 8:00 am)

Took the cart apart. On the chip just under the green LED there is an F written in pencil. Is this 'F' for 'Fucked'?

I apologise for the spam, just trying to provide all relevant info.