Germany

i guess you didnt use a step up regulator for the 3.7v, right?
i want to do a battery mod too, but use a step up regulator to convert the 3.7v to 5v. in the first place this might not make sense since the dmg runs happily with 3.7v, but at about 3v it start getting unstable and tends to crash. so ill rather have 5v all the time and a battery meter to tell how much voltage is left on the li-po.
ill do a comparison post when i have the regulator.

(219) Indiana, USA
Bamboori wrote:

i guess you didnt use a step up regulator for the 3.7v, right?
i want to do a battery mod too, but use a step up regulator to convert the 3.7v to 5v. in the first place this might not make sense since the dmg runs happily with 3.7v, but at about 3v it start getting unstable and tends to crash. so ill rather have 5v all the time and a battery meter to tell how much voltage is left on the li-po.
ill do a comparison post when i have the regulator.

I'm adding a step up regulator for the variable clock mod later. Good luck on your project though!

Last edited by zaxxon (Jun 20, 2013 11:56 pm)

Huntsville, AL

So BEAST, an original GameBoy without regular batteries! Only problem, can you put a backlight on there, to make it as bright as a DS, DS Lite, and/or GameBoy Advance SP? If you did that, then this would be even better than the GB Boy, or just as good. Definitely is better than if you were to buy an original GameBoy, actually made by Nintendo. Definitely a really cool mod. big_smile

(219) Indiana, USA

Thanks! There's a backlight in it already, it's orange.

Huntsville, AL
zaxxon wrote:

Thanks! There's a backlight in it already, it's orange.

Well, I mean using the same, or similar backlight, to those consoles, posted in last comment. Anyways, you're welcome. big_smile

Last edited by Chowdit1 (Aug 7, 2013 6:03 pm)