(219) Indiana, USA

Rechargeable DMG

Tested Battery Life:10hrs 23min

New outside with added rca jacks and ltc pitch module (not closed up yet):

New insides (pitch module not hooked up yet due to the need for further testing)

insides:

All closed up:

Charging (before i put the charge jack inside the case):

Un Plugged:

Parts used:

* Charger:
http://www.batteryspace.com/smartcharge … AID=389818

*PCB
http://www.batteryspace.com/PCB-for-3.7 … AID=389818

*Battery
http://www.batteryspace.com/polymerli-i … isted.aspx

I also added an 1/8in jack, 1/4in jack, orange backlight, and easy_ps/2. (I plan to add more modifications and paint the case soon)

Last edited by zaxxon (May 27, 2013 7:55 pm)

Santa Cruz, California

Excellent.
I have 3-4 builds that need this.

Czech republic

Cool stuff. How's the battery life?
I did something similar with GBP but the charger is inside. This one. Makes it easy to charge everywhere.

Austin, TX

Been waiting for someone to do this, nice work!

Medina, Ohio

Nice dude big_smile

matt's mind

oh man, this is really awesome!  i'll post a pic of something similar i've been doing and share when i get to a regular comp, i like your approach though.  the thinner battery pack sure does save a lot of room...  (i'll post it in my own thread so i dont derail yours, this is a great doing you've done)

so, now that you've done this, how is it performing?  and dos/donts to share?

(219) Indiana, USA

Thanks everyone! I'm glad you all like this project big_smile

@kitsch:
Well after I installed the battery pack I didn't notice anything unusual at all and the backlight and other modifications function normally too. I would recommend de -soldering the battery contacts off of the back board because if they touch any of the incorrect contacts on the battery this could result in an issue. I didn't do this yet but am definitely going to in the future.
@Teh D3th St4r
I can't wait to see what you come up with.

Also if any of you guys are interested in seeing a guide come out of this I'd be willing to make one later.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Reversing the headphone jack board to make space is WAY clever. Love it.

(219) Indiana, USA

Thanks big_smile

California

This is something I have personally dreamed about for a long time. Good work man.

ad-hell-aide

Fantastic work.

Douglas, Wyoming

This is awesome I'll have to try something like this

(219) Indiana, USA

Thanks everyone!

And @Monotron please do haha. I can't wait to see the projects that come out of this big_smile

Wilmington,NC

I want this so badly.

Douglas, Wyoming
zaxxon wrote:

Thanks everyone!

And @Monotron please do haha. I can't wait to see the projects that come out of this big_smile

I was planning on doing a custom DMG pretty soon here and I'll see if I can implement this for sure, would save me a fortune on batteries lol

(219) Indiana, USA
soultron wrote:

I want this so badly.

You can pm me later if you want one built. I'd be more than happy to work out an arrangement for that to happen smile