New England

So I just got back from obliterating the polarization layer of my Game Boy. It wasn't pretty.

As it turns out, I didn't screw up the ribbon cable in the process! You have no idea how surprised I am! However, I've been left with one or two pretty nasty scratches. Don't ask tongue

I'd like to know if they can be removed. Right now I'm not willing to find a replacement. I plan to solder the backlight, regardless of whether the scratches can be removed or not, but leave the wires long so I can cut them when I do get a replacement somewhere down the line.

I hear non-abrasive toothpaste works. Anyone tried it?

Last edited by Endgame (May 11, 2013 1:03 pm)

Serbia,Belgrade

I heard multiple things that help.Smearing a banana onto the scratch(i remember that was for cds or also for such hmmmm)

Don't really know to tell you more,try to google or regular scratches doesn't have to be specific for this,other methods can work in your case as well.

KC

I think you're going to be pretty much out of luck for that.

New England
Imnikola wrote:

I heard multiple things that help.Smearing a banana onto the scratch(i remember that was for cds or also for such hmmmm)

Don't really know to tell you more,try to google or regular scratches doesn't have to be specific for this,other methods can work in your case as well.

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll look into it!

Grymmtymm wrote:

I think you're going to be pretty much out of luck for that.

To be honest I don't really mind it. It could've been worse; the scratches could be on the front. So long as the DMG is operational, I've nothing to worry about. I'll do what I can. smile

clovis CA

eye glass scratch repair kits might do smile
http://www.whateverworks.com/itemdy00.a … QgodcF8AZg

Cleveland, OH

Did you scratch the back or front of the LCD?

NC in the US of America
thursdaycustoms wrote:

Did you scratch the back or front of the LCD?

Endgame wrote:

To be honest I don't really mind it. It could've been worse; the scratches could be on the front. So long as the DMG is operational, I've nothing to worry about. I'll do what I can. smile