Hi I'm a big dumbo and don't really know how to get this stupid thing to work. The only thread I could find had no info as the guy figured out his problem on his own and didn't even share his solution!

Can someone help a n00b out? pls!

Also is Hatari even good for this? Is there like a better emulator for Atari ST or something that I should try instead?

Boulder, CO

Try steem and this thread: http://dhs.nu/bbs-tracking/index.php?request=398

thank you! i'll give this a look.

Well I got it to boot, but now I have a question about Steem.

How the hell do I get my mouse back easily? I keep having to ctrl+alt+del and opening the task manager to get it back. hmm the readme says to use "shift and hit the pause button" but the cursor doesn't reach up there.

Nomad's Land

just the pause button (the one on your keyboard btw).

Btw you're on Linux, right? Better stay away from the Steven Seagal edition, then. It's totally buggy. Also, great to see getting into Atari stuff.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (May 14, 2013 9:33 am)

Nah I'm on windows these days. There was a release cursor shortcut, but it was set to a key I didn't have, so I solved that.

Only problem now is changing the resolution. I tried changing the monitor setting to 800x600, but Maxymiser got all fucked up and went to a red screen. It works on the incredibly tiny default resolution but it gets super blurry if I make that bigger.

I've been meaning to try atari stuff for years. Thought i'd give it a shot while i've got some freetime.

Nomad's Land

Hmm, that getting blurry issue shouldn't happen, actually. Well. I'd say just run the bugger in fullscreen mode. Also, make sure you have "Low-res double size" ticked in Options/Display.

London
arlen wrote:

Well I got it to boot, but now I have a question about Steem.

How the hell do I get my mouse back easily? I keep having to ctrl+alt+del and opening the task manager to get it back. hmm the readme says to use "shift and hit the pause button" but the cursor doesn't reach up there.

I'm using alt+tab

London
arlen wrote:

Nah I'm on windows these days. There was a release cursor shortcut, but it was set to a key I didn't have, so I solved that.

Only problem now is changing the resolution. I tried changing the monitor setting to 800x600, but Maxymiser got all fucked up and went to a red screen. It works on the incredibly tiny default resolution but it gets super blurry if I make that bigger.

I've been meaning to try atari stuff for years. Thought i'd give it a shot while i've got some freetime.

options (spanner) -> display -> low resolution -> double size (no stretch)
options (spanner) -> display -> medium resolution -> double height (no stretch)

gwEm wrote:
arlen wrote:

options (spanner) -> display -> low resolution -> double size (no stretch)
options (spanner) -> display -> medium resolution -> double height (no stretch)

smile thanks gwEm! that fixed the display problem.