UK

Hi,

I have this problem where the nuts/washers have disappeared from around the mini jack pro sound input. Which has resulted in one pro sound mod being useless getting lost inside the Gameboy.

Would I use superglue to re stick the plastic mini jack input and does anyone know where I replace the nuts/washers which go around them? (See attachments below) 

Have a show in less than two weeks, any advice would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Last edited by CS (May 14, 2013 10:14 am)

clovis CA

if you cant find the nuts, go to radio shack and buy the 1/8" jacks, and just use the nuts on them. its something like $2.50 for 2 of them

UK
Alley Beach wrote:

if you cant find the nuts, go to radio shack and buy the 1/8" jacks, and just use the nuts on them. its something like $2.50 for 2 of them

Cool, thanks. i'll check that out.

New Albany Indiana
Alley Beach wrote:

Every time i go to Radio Shack they never have any of that stuff.

Every time I go to radio shack, I feel like I payed too much.

New Albany Indiana
Timbob wrote:

Im revolting.

Timbob wrote:

Every time anybody goes to radioshack, they always pay too much.  If I can't find something somewhere else or I don't want to wait to order it, then I go to Radioshack unfortunately.

Murcia, Spain

At least you guys have Radioshack. Everytime I want to get an IC, I either have to order it online or pay it like 4x its price in the local shop xD (sorry for the offtopic).

matt's mind

if you happen to order from us (kitsch-bent) in the future, drop me an email at the same time and remind me of this because i have extra nuts which should fit this part, i'll just drop one in the package for ya

although, i wonder if the threading is different on UK and US versions of this part?  i'm not sure if its the UK or the US which is the oddball compared to basically the rest of the world, but seems like it might be the UK which uses a different threading standard?  or, am I just getting this from car parts and the movie steamboy?  i just realized the kid had this problem in that movie...