Alive and well in fucksville

I have bought a nanoloop 1.6 cart. It works once in a blue moon. has anyone else had this trouble? I tried running the program to sync it, but have had no luck in finding out how to enter commands. I also scored nanoloop 1.1 off ebay and it works perfectly. I am troubled by 1.6 having note names... I find myself using music theory. should i stick with 1.1?

Last edited by bitjacker (May 15, 2013 5:44 am)

Taichung, Taiwan

Correct me if I am wrong, but the 1.6 is the flat blue circuit board right?

Can you explain more about what is wrong?

Last edited by katsumbhong (May 15, 2013 5:46 am)

Antwerp, Belgium

1.6 is the flat blue thing,
I have 3 1.6 carts that all work really well, no problems whatsoever. Try to mail Oliver for help, he always responds quickly and is very helpful.
If you haven't done so yet, try upgrading to the latest version (1.6.3), this solved some issues with saving on one of my carts.

The comment about the note names sounds... trollish...

ohgodno, Indiana
Vegasdiamond wrote:

1.6 is the flat blue thing,
I have 3 1.6 carts that all work really well, no problems whatsoever. Try to mail Oliver for help, he always responds quickly and is very helpful.
If you haven't done so yet, try upgrading to the latest version (1.6.3), this solved some issues with saving on one of my carts.

The comment about the note names sounds... trollish...

yea i agree, i used to have a 1.6 but when i updated it all the glitches went away (not many glitches at all really)

When I turn it on the hello is jumbled. it shows the nanoloop logo then looooooo.

Last edited by bitjacker (May 15, 2013 1:54 pm)

IL, US

thats usually a sign of a poor connection between the cart and the game boy... good idea to unplug/replug the cart multiple times (this helps remove any small amounts of dirt or corrosion which may be on the contacts)... if this doesnt help, try a different game boy (its cart slot connector may be going bad) or using small amounts of contact cleaner on the cart and on the connector in the cart slot

Taichung, Taiwan

When the hello is jumbled whenever I used my 1.6 when I had it, the pcb cart wasn't inserted properly. Try taking it out and re-inserting many times.

I will clean all my gameboys and try it. maybe this is why my bleepbloop cart is acting up too.

washington

i had one for a while, i just recently sold it. it was fine, i never had any problems with it. i think it had ver.1.6.3 on it, and it worked perfectly.