Alive and well in fucksville

so i made a tune on lsdj on my wii homebrew emulator. I cannot seem to find the right one, only the autosave is there.

UK, Leicester
bitjacker wrote:

so i made a tune on lsdj on my wii homebrew emulator. I cannot seem to find the right one, only the autosave is there.

Don't know exactly, but if you search the SD for .sav files, then you should be able to find it. If you didn't actually save in LSDJ, and only used the emulator's save feature, than that may be why.

I saved in lsdj. i searched for .sav, it is nowhere to be found. sad

Last edited by bitjacker (May 17, 2013 12:35 am)

Sweeeeeeden

Just an idea, maybe you can load the ROM in VBA (preferably VBA-m) on the computer and choose file/load to load a save state. Hopefully, the format is the same. If that works, the VBA in your computer should spit out a sav file.

I am using vba gx on the wii. i will try it on the computer.

Sweeeeeeden

I'm just speculating since I don't own a Wii and can check this out. But from what I gather, there should be a folder like /vbagx/save on the SD card. If this file is exactly 128 kiB big (131072 bytes) it's likely a sav file with a different file extension. If so, just copy it to the computer and rename the extension to sav, so you might have a pair of files like lsdj.gb and lsdj.sav.

If the file is not 131072 bytes big, it might be a save state file. This might be what the autosave file you're talking about is. Ie, a snapshot of the running Gameboy so you end up right where you left off last time. Does that sound familiar with how VBA GX works? If this is the case, you may want to load the atosave file as described in the previous post, in VBA on the PC, as a save state, or SGM file.

If all that fails, give me whatever save file you have and I'll see if I can extract your data.

I got it. apparently i wasnt sharing heaps with my computer

now what about putting the save from heaps to sd? i probably have to rename it, huh? heaps automatically names the save current.sav

bitjacker wrote:

now what about putting the save from heaps to sd? i probably have to rename it, huh? heaps automatically names the save current.sav

it worked. just had to rename the sav to LSDJ Auto.sav

Sweeeeeeden

Moved to the handhelds forum.