LA:CA

What really is the difference? Like sound & picture? I ask this because I'm going to electrician relatives house who has the motherload of tools I could use and I'm there for a few days so I'd like to order by tonight.

Taichung, Taiwan

Search?

katsumbhong wrote:

Search?

EL seems like a new product with limited amount of people having it so I'm just wondering on the audio/picture quality thats all.

Taichung, Taiwan

Go to the product page on the Kitsch-Bent website and scroll all the way down.

California
katsumbhong wrote:

are there el backlights on kitschbent or what are you suggesting spork do?

Anywayssssss......Spork, from what ive found on the internnnttss is that el wire/panels need an inverter/driver which sometimes give off a high pitched hum though how much of the hum can be heard isnt something i know. Also, El backlighst illuminate more evenly compared to the LED ones. hope that somewhat helps

Last edited by AuburnKitsune (May 18, 2013 6:34 am)

Taichung, Taiwan
AuburnKitsune wrote:
katsumbhong wrote:

are there el backlights on kitschbent or what are you suggesting spork do?

Anywayssssss......Spork, from what ive found on the internnnttss is that el wire/panels need an inverter/driver which sometimes give off a high pitched hum though how much of the hum can be heard isnt something i know. Also, El backlighst illuminate more evenly compared to the LED ones. hope that somewhat helps

California

nvm haha

Matthew Joseph Payne

*cough*

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/el_dmg

California

theree you goooo xp

Last edited by AuburnKitsune (May 18, 2013 6:49 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

What Kitsch-bent and most people don't mention is that the hum can be quite loud (depending on a lot of factors) and some people may find them more annoying than others. I've heard a unit that was unbearably bad and others that didn't really bother me (but bothered their owners).

That said, they are much nicer looking. With good installation and a bit of faraday shielding you might get away with little to no hum.

jefftheworld wrote:

What Kitsch-bent and most people don't mention is that the hum can be quite loud (depending on a lot of factors) and some people may find them more annoying than others. I've heard a unit that was unbearably bad and others that didn't really bother me (but bothered their owners).

That said, they are much nicer looking. With good installation and a bit of faraday shielding you might get away with little to no hum.

This was the kind of answer I was looking for thanks.

Taichung, Taiwan
jefftheworld wrote:

All of that is mentioned in the comment section on the product page on the kitsch-bent website.

-- REMOVED --

Last edited by Enfy (Mar 5, 2019 10:46 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

I wonder how much of the noise that is picked up is EMI, and how much is fluctuations in the supply voltage. I wonder if a choke coil/LC filter on the voltage supply to the EL film would make any difference.

Brisbane, Australia

I'm curious to know what it actually is in the EL bl's that causes the hum.

Brisbane, Australia

KineticTurtle via his blog:
http://kineticturtle.blogspot.com.au/20 … meboy.html

This helps a lot. It seems the hum is heard through the speaker / headphone jack and not directly from the backlight. I'm gonna get one as soon as they're available and do some tests.