Offline

Hey all,

Here I am again. I found a usb floppy drive and a couple of old floppydisks. Is there a way to transfer .adf files to these floppy's to run these on an Amiga 500.

Thanks in advance!

Edit: or at least samples?

Last edited by W4LKR (May 20, 2013 7:40 am)

Offline
England

You should really think about searching some dedicated Amiga forum - EAB, Lemon Amiga or whatever.

I'm willing to bet that this question has been asked many times over smile

I think that there might even be people willing to put programs on disks for people. I know someone who does it for a small fee who is very reliable if you can't find anything else.

Offline

The threads I find are pretty old, which isn't a big suprise ofcourse. Are those still reliable?

Offline
Montreal, Canada

Do you have an HD on the Mig?

Offline

Do you have a tracker on there already?  You could load program files into it as samples and use those for loops. (we used to use bits of Workbench back in the day)

Offline
Montreal, Canada
4mat wrote:

Do you have a tracker on there already?  You could load program files into it as samples and use those for loops. (we used to use bits of Workbench back in the day)

HAhaha yeah. A music disk I made way the hell back had the text file documentation/credit/release notes/blabla as the snare in one of the song. Worked wonderfully as a noise source smile

Offline
4mat wrote:

Do you have a tracker on there already?  You could load program files into it as samples and use those for loops. (we used to use bits of Workbench back in the day)

I have protracker 2.2a on a disk here, that's all.

Offline
Montreal, Canada

If you have no HD you're pretty much fucked for ADF files. You can't burn them on a PC drive, and IIRC you can't nullmodem them to the Amiga either since most of them are just a wee bit over the size limit of an empty Amiga floppy. I might be wrong though. In any case... The only way to burn them is to transfer them to the Amiga and un-adf them to a floppy there. If they can fix on an Amiga disk, then you're ok.

You can do so with Amiga Explorer: http://www.amigaforever.com/ae/

You'll need to rig up a null modem cable, there are plans for it on the site, it's very simple.

You can download Total Commander from www.ghisler.com and AmigaDX from http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/amigadx.html and use that to be able to open the ADF files on your PC and cherry pick the files you want from the archives, and then use Amiga Explorer to transfer them to the 500.

Offline
Sweden

Using CrossDOS (I think it's part of workbench 2.x upwards, not sure though), you can read FAT formatted DD (720k?) floppies. That way you could transfer samples, or bootstrap your Amiga with tools for serial transfer (although Amiga Explorer is a great solution if you're on Windows, and either way you could do that without floppies at all).

Offline
n00bstar wrote:

If you have no HD you're pretty much fucked for ADF files. You can't burn them on a PC drive, and IIRC you can't nullmodem them to the Amiga either since most of them are just a wee bit over the size limit of an empty Amiga floppy. I might be wrong though. In any case... The only way to burn them is to transfer them to the Amiga and un-adf them to a floppy there. If they can fix on an Amiga disk, then you're ok.

You can do so with Amiga Explorer: http://www.amigaforever.com/ae/

You'll need to rig up a null modem cable, there are plans for it on the site, it's very simple.

You can download Total Commander from www.ghisler.com and AmigaDX from http://www.totalcmd.net/plugring/amigadx.html and use that to be able to open the ADF files on your PC and cherry pick the files you want from the archives, and then use Amiga Explorer to transfer them to the 500.

I'll look into this, it'll be a pain in the ass though but I'll try (:

And samples, can I put those on a floppy and use them in protracker?

Offline
Montreal, Canada

Yep. Remember that the samples need to be in the proper IFF 8SVX format.

You can get a shit ton and a half of PT-ready samples here: http://aminet.net/mods/inst

Last edited by n00bstar (May 20, 2013 12:34 pm)

Offline
n00bstar wrote:

Yep. Remember that the samples need to be in the proper IFF 8SVX format.

You can get a shit ton and a half of PT-ready samples here: http://aminet.net/mods/inst

Thanks a lot! The samples are the most important (:

And one last question, are there any guides for protracker 2.2a? I can't seem to find any sad

Offline
Montreal, Canada

LEARN TO FUCKING USE GOOGLE [email protected]#$%^&*(^%$#


smile

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B87O0bR … Dk2UQ/edit

Offline
Brunswick, GA USA

Saving is preferable to setting fire to your floppy disks.

Offline
Montreal, Canada

Nonsense. The Amiga uses fire to read/write. In fact if you spell Amiga backwards it reads: LAVA SPEWING DEMON MACHINE FROM HELL.

Offline
Milwaukee, WI