Unknown

https://www.facebook.com/LSDJuk?fref=ts

This guy goes under the name LSDJ, I told him he should avoid that name

Idk feedback?

Unsubscribe

Im pretty sure the name isnt trademarked. Its a pretty stupid name for a musican though.

/me changes band page to marijuanamanagucchi

matt's mind

the logo at least is trademarked

i suppose it'd matter the law of the place in which it was trademarked?  (sweden i'm guessing?)  here if you read logo trademark sheets and stuff it states the plain text itself (i.e., the name) on the form, as well as a general description of the logo/image involving the text, and then usually dimensional drawings or at the very least a rough sketch.  but, basically, here i'm pretty sure if the LSDJ artwork/logo were trademarked, this would implicitly trademark the name of LSDJ as well. 

there is also the issue of 'first use', and first commercial application, etc.  it gets confusing and i'm certainly no expert, and am just as likely to be entirely wrong as any bit right about this.

Brunswick, GA USA

In USA, trademark is based upon geography and continued use, so in US law, LSDJ encompasses a music software with worldwide scope.

An example of this sort of thing becoming a cluster is Apple Corps (eg. The Beatles' lawyers) v Apple Computer.

Disclaimer: I'm not an attorney, this is not legal advice.

Bristol, UK

There needs to be proof that there could be confusion for there to be a case really.

Brunswick, GA USA
Evil Scientist wrote:

There needs to be proof that there could be confusion for there to be a case really.

In Apple v Apple that was precisely the agreement reached, initially. Apple Corps was clearly a music production/recording/publishing group, and could not possibly be confused with a company that makes computers.

There was a little bit of hell caught when Apple Computer decided to make their own MIDI and sound driver to stop madness with drivers that came from third parties, and maybe a sigh or two regarding the Apple Store. (The Beatles' Apple Boutique was a product of 60s fashion and wasn't open for very long.) Shit got real when the iPod and the iTunes store came into existence. They've since settled iirc.

It can be cute/punkish when bands appropriate or spoof logos as part of their pitch, but tread lightly.
http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/144999 … even.jhtml

Montreal, Canada

From what I can tell his name has nothing to do with the software. It seems to be more of a mix of LSD and DJ. He has nothing to do with chiptunes and isn't probably even aware of the software.

There is very little to build any kind of case here IMO.

shanghai

i wont lose any sleep ovr it

Sweeeeeeden

This is a bit like if a hardware store (you know, the type that sells hammers and screwdrivers) called itself Pro Tools. Confusion could arise, but meh.

Unknown

Good responses, I don't know why I got my panties in a wad, but I just figured I'd look out for our community in case it was clearly infringement.

Madison, Alabama

His big mistake was not Googling that name first, since all the Google results return pages about the software.

Unknown

I know right? I actually messaged him yesterday and said hey man you have the same name as a software company and he said yeah I know what does it matter? I slapped my forehead. I changed my name from Handheld Destruction to Digital Darwin just out of respect to Handheld Heroes label. so idk how someone can knowingly not give a shit lol

Unknown
n00bstar wrote:

From what I can tell his name has nothing to do with the software. It seems to be more of a mix of LSD and DJ. He has nothing to do with chiptunes and isn't probably even aware of the software.

There is very little to build any kind of case here IMO.

yeah but he clearly ripped the logo off AND knows about the software if I may correct your point

roboctopus wrote:

His big mistake was not Googling that name first, since all the Google results return pages about the software.

Agreed, I should have done the same perhaps, but I'm working my way up the rankings, I'm reaching first page google results now at least. Though I have an eternal struggle against associations with Die Antwoord.

In hindsight I still like the name enough to keep it, it's short, easy to spell, and easy to find on your iPod *scroll to bottom*.

I managed to completely swallow up this french folk band's last.fm page though, besides the pictures haha.
http://www.last.fm/music/Zef

Madison, Alabama
Zef wrote:

I managed to completely swallow up this french folk band's last.fm page though, besides the pictures haha.
http://www.last.fm/music/Zef

I've been using my name since 2006 and have a pretty solid google lock, but even still a year or two ago some guys in Georgia started an electronic music duo called Roboctopus and played a show or two. They seem to be inactive but their pic still shows up on last.fm, haha.

They both had beards and wore ties (I have a beard and have worn ties at several shows.) So I imagine there are people out there that think I'm a duo or something. Weird.

buffalo, NY

Broboctopus