Chicago

I remember nonfinite electronics site use to stock a 2xRGB-LED backlight that were mounted horizontally. There was also an option of including a preprogrammed arduino pro mini that allowed for various rgb, inversion, and clock control, ect... thru a stereo potentiometer and tactile switch.

I'm checking to see if anyone has said kit they would like to sell/trade/ upload the arduino sketch files.

Brisbane, Australia

Perhaps contact NE? There's always a chance he'll have some in stock. All the times i've contacted them it's been helpful!

Chicago

I contacted them recently, I haven't received a response. I also contacted nex, he also has yet to reply.

washington

kitsch sells a vertically-mounted rgb backlight, that probably would work. although, it looks like it only has one led.

http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/rgbbb

Chicago

I currently have the kitsch rgb backlight, although in my opinion 2xleds would be twice as nice.

Specifically, I'm looking for said arduino board / sketch files that were offered as part the kit.

Seeing as it is no longer listed on the site, here is the installation pdf as a reference to what I'm looking for exactly: www.nonelectronics.com/tutorials/RGB%20controller%20guide.pdf

Spain

Hey! Are you sure you can fit it into a DMG considering how big/thick the panel is? Having said that, I have one that I haven't used yet with the LEDs' legs trimmed down. But, I'm afraid shipping from Spain will be too expensive. it's like 4-5€ considering the weight of the envelope. Dunno how much to charge for the LED panel itself. it was orginally $15 or so.

Chicago
thedimitry wrote:

Hey! Are you sure you can fit it into a DMG considering how big/thick the panel is? Having said that, I have one that I haven't used yet with the LEDs' legs trimmed down. But, I'm afraid shipping from Spain will be too expensive. it's like 4-5€ considering the weight of the envelope. Dunno how much to charge for the LED panel itself. it was orginally $15 or so.

Thanks for bringing the size / fit-ability of the backlight panel. I don't quite understand the concern tough... being that it was marketed as a dmg backlight, I will be housed in a dmg by the way. Contrariwise the physical screen will be that from a gameboy pocket. Shipping shouldn't be to much of a problem.
Definetly interested in purchasing said backlight.

Please, tell me you have one of the preprogrammed arduino mini's / sketch files it was programmed with.