KC

Hey all!

I am trying to load some kits & sng files into LSDJ and not getting anywhere! Im using BGB

I made a new ROM and loaded some kits into it but when I go to open it I get a ROM checksum fails. A real gameboy wouldn't care. ROM load succeeded with warnings.

open it up and and start a new song and the kits are there. Do a sav state and the same thing.

Then I open LSDJ mgr and it looks like it's letting me load sng files into that ROM but after saving it and opening it nothing is there.

NC in the US of America

There was a thread about the "ROM checksum failed" just a few weeks ago. You should have done a search.
Anyway, ROM checksum failure is normal. That's supposed to happen. It's rare to patch a rom without this happening. As the message says "a real Gameboy wouldn't care" so there's nothing to fear.

You're not supposed to load sng files into the ROM, you're supposed to load them into the sav.

Last edited by SketchMan3 (May 30, 2013 6:16 pm)

KC

Well I searched the LSDJ wiki site before I came here.  Just did a search with rom checksum fail and nothing showed up

and Anyway, if I used the wrong word my bad

after opening  Mgr I click OPEN V sav button.

So to clarify: Load kits & samples into the ROM----------Load sng files into the .sav?

Last edited by Grymmtymm (May 30, 2013 6:18 pm)

NC in the US of America
Grymmtymm wrote:

Well I searched the LSDJ wiki site before I came here.  Just did a search with rom checksum fail and nothing showed up

and Anyway, if I used the wrong word my bad

Yeah, I tried searching for "rom checksum fail" and I got nothing, too. Then I just searched for "checksum" and I got a bunch of useful stuff. If at first you don't succeed, simplify. wink

Grymmtymm wrote:

So to clarify: Load kits & samples into the ROM----------Load sng files into the .sav?

Yes.