Albuquerque NM

so im trying to decide if i should release an EP but i feel like i should ask the community on what they think about this idea forgive me for asking such a stupid question but i wanted to know what you guys think and if you have recording suggestions fill me in on how to do that please thank you chiptune community for the inspirations

-anthony

Brazil

If you are in doubt, don't release. Wait until you have something you are sure you will like.

Chicago IL

I'm already pretty sure you need to spend more time on your music

UK, Leicester
Subway Sonicbeat wrote:

If you are in doubt, don't release. Wait until you have something you are sure you will like.

This, if you like you music, and are proud of it, and certain that it is good, then release it. I spend a while mulling over whether or not I actually want to release a track, it's stopped me from releasing stuff which is quite frankly garbage.

ohio gozaimasu

Honestly just do what you want. How the hell are we supposed to know how good your unreleased stuff is?

ohio gozaimasu

And as for recording tips, there's hardly anything to it. I'm assuming you'll be using 1xlsdj like your stuff on this site, so pro-sound on a DMG is heavily recommended. Also, unless if you feel like buying a new audio interface or something (or you already have one) just plug it into your line-in jack or less preferably a microphone jack.

shanghai

I would learn to type with some punctuation dude.

But as a rule of thumb, if it was decent you would be pretty happy to just release it. If you're not that sure about it, then it's probably not that great.  And your doubt is probably because you feel like 'its alright but i can make it better'.

My advice if you feel unsure is hold out till you make something and think "dang thats dope, imma release this now"
And not to sound too rude, but as i don't have a clue who you are im pretty indifferent to your releasing an EP.

whats the harm in releasing it, its not like anyone can sue you. hopfully

Venezuela
Saskrotch wrote:

I'm already pretty sure you need to spend more time on your music

as i do...

Montreal, Canada

If you don't feel your music is going to take over the world and make you a rockstar, it's not ready for release.

Unsubscribe

Fuck it just put it out and get feedback, its all part of the growth as an artist part of doing music.

-

you need a much better recording technique!!!!!!!

we love you anthony.

Chicago

I would say if no one knows who you are and you're willing to wait, wait.
make it the best release you can muster.