Austin, TX

Hey everyone, I'm very excited to announce that I will have a site up very soon! I will mainly use it to sell products, but I will also have a build blog for my projects. I plan to offer a wide range of products, such as DIY kits, modded GB's, ArduinoBoy's, modded consoles, and my one-of-a-kind creations. I'd also like to feature music on the site from my customers and friends in the chiptune community.
When the site initially launches, I plan to have DIY ArduinoBoy kits (with 3 different package options), a few pre-built ArduinoBoys, and Prosound kits. I'm currently in the process of restocking my entire inventory, so it may be a while before I can offer the larger products like modded GB's.
I'd like to ask if anyone has suggestions for potential products on the site? I want to offer items that are not commonly found on other sites that could benefit chiptune musicians, modders, and old school gamers.

CC, suggestions, and feedback are all highly appreciated!

(219) Indiana, USA
Boddah wrote:

Hey everyone, I'm very excited to announce that I will have a site up very soon!..............I plan to have DIY ArduinoBoy kits (with 3 different package options)...........

Ill definitely be buying an ArduinoBoy kit from you in the future. Good luck with this website by the way!

Milwaukee, WI
Boddah wrote:

I'd like to ask if anyone has suggestions for potential products on the site? I want to offer items that are not commonly found on other sites that could benefit chiptune musicians, modders, and old school gamers.

To be honest, you should move away from GB items.  There are already quite a few vendors specializing in that.

Austin, TX
Theta_Frost wrote:

To be honest, you should move away from GB items.  There are already quite a few vendors specializing in that.

I agree, I want to branch more with my products, but I'll always have some GB products like the ArduinoBoy kits, and LSDJ keyboards. I'll also put modded GB's every once in a while. Maybe prosound kits, but I'm thinking that's too common now. I really don't want to compete with other sites like Kitsch-Bent, ASM, and Thursday Customs by selling backlights, custom buttons, variable clock, etc. I plan to include more NES and C64 products, as well as original electronic instruments.

Brisbane, Australia

CUSTOM KEYBOARD CAPS FOR LSDJ
I saw an awesome LSDJ keyboard that someone modded which had custom stickers for the caps. I need this in my life! Maybe you could get on that!

matt's mind

^ you really should think about that, good idea

or an overlay of some sort.  maybe you could find a place that does the silicon overlays and have them doa run of custom printed ones for lsdj...

Austin, TX
jackary wrote:

CUSTOM KEYBOARD CAPS FOR LSDJ

I will definitely get on that!

Kitsch, that's a great idea! I found a couple of sites that make custom keys and silicone key covers, once I get some designs ready I'll send them in and get some prototypes smile

Last edited by Boddah (Jun 3, 2013 2:26 am)

Alive and well in fucksville

nobody makes red start and select buttons.

Pittsburgh
bitjacker wrote:

THIS. NOW.

Brisbane, Australia
bitjacker wrote:

Custom coloured silicon start/select buttons are in high demand. I haven't come across ones other than the original grey / the translucent kitsch ones apart from dyed ones!

Edit:
Perhaps 1/4" (6.5mm) stereo jacks aswell? There's not many vendors that sell them other than ebay!

Last edited by jackary (Jun 3, 2013 4:15 am)

matt's mind

we're in the process, they just take a while to manufacture, not to mention the cost.  so we're doing one color after another in succession (personal preference on the order).  and two are in the process of being made right now, i got a sneak picture last week in fact smile

if you're interested at all, if you can find a way to dye custom small batches of colors, i'd be happy to work with you on cheap bulk stuff.  this would for sure be the best solution, please a lot of people, the only problem is the current coloring methods are super limited

edit -- also, before i forget again, i really like the name you've picked for your shop.

Brisbane, Australia
kitsch wrote:

we're in the process, they just take a while to manufacture, not to mention the cost.  so we're doing one color after another in succession (personal preference on the order).  and two are in the process of being made right now, i got a sneak picture last week in fact smile

What would we do without you, kitsch!?

LA:CA

How about some Circuit Bending kits I don't see many on the retailers

hiding under your bed
bitjacker wrote:

nobody makes colored start and select buttons.

fixed.

Brisbane, Australia
SPORK94 wrote:

Non-electronics and Thursdaycustoms both stock them. So does GetLoFi.
I'd like to see kits including resistors/switches/pots/knobs. And it would be good to see somewhere else that stocked the LTC1799 board.

LA:CA
jackary wrote:
SPORK94 wrote:

Non-electronics and Thursdaycustoms both stock them. So does GetLoFi.
I'd like to see kits including resistors/switches/pots/knobs. And it would be good to see somewhere else that stocked the LTC1799 board.

Hmmm didn't know about lowfi. Cool.