Abandoned on Fire
Jotie wrote:

The machine gun rattling is the voice emulator?

^^^lol at that gif big_smile

So all the wav channel stuff is done using this

The LSDJ manual wrote:

When pressing A +
(LEFT, LEFT) while CLIP value is selected, the program will jump
out of range and play back sound from raw memory when clipping.

in the DIST field of a kit instrument which gives you the weird numbers like you mentioned.  To get maximum clipping and weirdness you need to have both sample channels playing together, loop set to on, and then it's just a matter of a LOT of exploring and trial and error.  tongue  The S command in a table is also your friend, on a sample it moves the loop point at different rates.  Sometimes I used a the vocal sounds as normal samples, other times samples from the ANIMLZ kit work great or really any of them once you experiment enough.

I wish I knew what, if anything, the digits in the DIST field mean.  Maybe I can get some info out of nitro if he happens by this thread.

Oh yeah, the reason I say that you should use a pre 4.7.0 lsdj is that this technique isn't nearly as extreme with nitro's sample playback fix.  Evidently a lot of the sound I'm using isn't from the sample itself but from the clicky-nasty playback that was present in lsdj before that version.

Last edited by egr (Jun 4, 2013 6:17 am)

And so I was reminded to RTFM once again roll

Madison, Alabama

I know I make well-mannered melodic music, but I'm always super inspired by people pushing the noisier envelopes.

This is awesome, and listening to this gave me fresh ideas to try in my own music.

Bra-fucking-vo!

Abandoned on Fire
roboctopus wrote:

I know I make well-mannered melodic music, but I'm always super inspired by people pushing the noisier envelopes.

This is awesome, and listening to this gave me fresh ideas to try in my own music.

Bra-fucking-vo!

smile heart  That's the most meaningful compliment you could have given.  heart smile

Trento, Italy

This is one of my favourite release of extreme glitchy noise so faaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Abandoned on Fire
iano wrote:

This is one of my favourite release of extreme glitchy noise so faaaaaaaaaargh!!!

Thanks smile Im  teaming up with my Datathrash partner OptimusChad for a full lenghth digital hardcore style album with a lot of these element.  If you like extremes keep an eye out for "Abandoned On Fire".