Abandoned on Fire

LINK: http://egrmusic.bandcamp.com/album/deathmurdergo

What started as a recording experiment turned into something I like quite a bit, i.e. noisy ass chipmusic.

Straight LSDJ recorded through a mic'ed practice amp. LSDJ sav file is included but you'll need to load it into a pre-4.7.0 version since these 3 tracks rely heavily on the "faulty" sample playback present in those versions.

Credits:
Gorilla Amps
Radio Shack microphones
Nintendo Gameboy Color

NOTE:  a different mix has been uploaded, sorry for any hearing loss that may have occurred if you grabbed this early  heart

Last edited by egr (Jun 4, 2013 2:58 am)

My cousin has a Gorilla bass amp. That thing could level a country. Sweet sounds here.

ohio gozaimasu

Oh shit

Abandoned on Fire

uhhh... uploaded wrong mixes :[ fixing now

I'm about this.

South Korea

Wow! This is nice, sounds like rusty nails and gravel being sampled in LSDJ.
My ears just got Tetanus, thank you.

Abandoned on Fire

Slightly more palatable mix uploaded.  If you got the first eardrum shredding stuff then just call that a "bonus" lol.  wink

Call it the special "ear rape" edition.

Last edited by DESUMATE (Jun 4, 2013 2:35 am)

Abandoned on Fire
DESUMATE wrote:

Call it the special "ear rape" edition.

lol, exactly

Also, I urge ya'll to load up the sav in a pre 4.7.0 version of lsdj to see just how much of this ISN"T the amp and crappy mic.

hardcore, Australia

Have my children. We'll try avoid alienating them from your existing marriage. We can make this work Arnie.

Abandoned on Fire
godinpants wrote:

Have my children. We'll try avoid alienating them from your existing marriage. We can make this work Arnie.

Butt baby bastards are fine with me.  heart

matt's mind

beautiful

Abandoned on Fire
kitsch wrote:

beautiful

You obviously have a cultured and considered taste in music.  wink

I feel this quote that's been going around tumblr is appropriate:

"Whatever you now find weird, ugly, uncomfortable and nasty about a new medium will surely become its signature. CD distortion, the jitteriness of digital video, the crap sound of 8-bit - all of these will be cherished and emulated as soon as they can be avoided. It’s the sound of failure: so much modern art is the sound of things going out of control, of a medium pushing to its limits and breaking apart. The distorted guitar sound is the sound of something too loud for the medium supposed to carry it. The blues singer with the cracked voice is the sound of an emotional cry too powerful for the throat that releases it. The excitement of grainy film, of bleached-out black and white, is the excitement of witnessing events too momentous for the medium assigned to record them."
— Brian Eno, A Year With Swollen Appendices

matt's mind

^ saw him speak at moogfest last year, and it was pretty damn cool

I heard one saw halway through and my mind was blown.
I just had to check out the sav files to see how you did all those sounds, so interesinting!

How the hell did you give a numbers-value in the DIST field for samples? I play around with it, and it switches to wrap and I can't change it to numbers back again. Is it a LSDJ version thing?

I have to study damn it, why is this so awesome?

Last edited by Jotie (Jun 4, 2013 5:49 am)

The machine gun rattling is the voice emulator?