hello . i'm not very good in writhing English, so if i mess up don't care

i'm a begginer on music ( i know nothing) , and i was looking for a curse on the internet that can teach me how to make music (especially chip music ) , and guess what ! i found nothing (good or if i found it was to pay {and i don't have money }) ...

So if you are a good soul and you can teach(or  you can indicate) to me, i will give you all my thanks ...

thanks for reading this.....

Alive and well in fucksville

Do you have an old gameboy?

I would start here.  I would also recommend that you take some piano lessons or find someone local who can give you some guidance on music theory.  Once you have basics down: keys, scales, chords.  Just start practicing with composition till you get the hang of it.  Learning to compose is hard work and isn't something you will get over night.  Stick with it.  It's a wonderful skill to have.

For chip music, start basic.  Don't expect to progress quickly and instantly become an amazing chip music composer.  I would recommend starting with a system of composing that you find interesting as you will progress much quicker this way.  Some recommendations would be: LSDJ(costs money), Famitracker(free), or Deflmask(free),  Lsdj is based on the Gameboy but can run on emulators.  Famitracker is based off of the nes but runs on a pc.  Deflemask emulates multiple systems and runs on a pc.  Another way that you could do chip is with vsts on a DAW but I'm not to familiar with those.

Last edited by Space Turtles (Jun 7, 2013 2:45 am)

thanks  of to you two ......and no i'm not a old gameboy

South Korea

Well, there are endless many ways to do it, but I would recommend starting with something BASIC like Beepola, which is also free
http://freestuff.grok.co.uk/beepola/
It has the most basic chip sounds and does not require you to make your own instruments and stuff, you can create melodies and simple songs "out-of-the-box". I think it might be a good introduction to trackers (this is the type of software normally used to make chipmusic).
I'm also pretty new to this, but I'll be willing to help you as much as I can, so if you have specific questions about certain software or need some guidance, send me a P.M.

shanghai

steal music of others and upload then to russian mp3 sites.
i promise you internet FAME

Last edited by Downstate (Jun 7, 2013 5:07 am)

KC

Learn to play an instrument. escpecially piano. study every aspect of music that you can. Train your ears and your mind.

then begin to tinker around with writing/improving your own melodies/songs.

It's a journey.

KC

but you'll never learn how to do it until you just do it.