Nomad's Land

So in a certain ill-fated thread of yesterday (I thought it was hilarious, actually, but oh well...) some people hinted they would like to see some sort of large chipmusic gathering.

We've done this kind of scene meetings here in Berlin in 2009 and 2010, and I'm thinking about organizing another one next summer. My question is, would people from the Americas be willing to make the jump over the Atlantic and join this kind of thing? I'm thinking about a 3 day meeting, with workshops, presentations, contests, concerts, and all that good shit. Also, I'd try to get a venue that has room for sleeping places, so people can hang out there all the time and don't need to shell out additional money for accomodation.

Long story short, if you are seriously interested in taking part in something like this, please let me know, so I have an estimate of how big of a venue is needed.

edit - clarified title - lb

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Jun 8, 2013 2:08 pm)

Tokyo, Japan

I think the main things which will sway people are the line up, the  venue being good (as in good soundsystem, not in a difficult location to get to, good set up for visuals etc) and how much of an audience you can draw. Good luck, its a huge amount of work!

New England, USA

is there interest? absolutely. though i don't know how feasible it could be for everyone with airfare and everything.

i'm interested, but would need to the dates pretty far out.

Brisbane, Australia

There's various factors that go into it. Like lazer said, the lineup is probably the biggest. I'd love to meet people from the forums in real life - it's awesome to put a face to a name!

Liverpool, UK

http://www.superbytefestival.co.uk/ Manchester, UK is having a two-day festival (plus events around it) - you should come to this!

Holland

Sure! Good parties are worth the traveling!

not from alaska i wouldn't, but when i move to israel in sept and berlin is just a few hundred dollars away i would almost def go!

Nomad's Land

@lazerbeat and jackary: The location will be in the center of Berlin for sure. And so far, nobody has ever complained about the sound systems we used wink As far as lineup is concerned, the event will be a huge financial risk for me already, so I don't feel like upping the stakes by booking a ton of big names. The focus should be on meeting fellow chiptuners. And everybody will get a chance to present some of their works on the big sound system.That being said, one headliner can't hurt. How about AY Riders? Been planning to organize something for them for ages. Besides that, going on previous experience, there are always a few more well-known names that show up at these events anyway.

@awesomeforce: Sure, the date will be announced at least 5 months in advance.

@cdk Would love to come. But I guess nobody will pay my plane ticket and I'm too broke to pay it myself sad I definately want to tour the UK, but it isn't going to happen this year, I'm afraid.

Last edited by irrlichtproject (Jun 10, 2013 1:21 pm)

If this is next year (2014?), then I might be interested. Wife and I have been wanting to check out Germany for a while so post possible dates and ill see if its possible or us to go.

England

a really good friend of mine lives in berlin, i really should pay him a visit in the summer. i keep visiting in the freezing fucking cold winter.

im not that interested in workshops or contests but always up for a concert.

berlin is a great city to visit.

Last edited by Jellica (Jun 10, 2013 1:36 pm)

Jellica wrote:

berlin is a great city to visit.

That's good to know.

Athens, Greece

I'll headline if you want, no problem.

Germany is a great place for EU parties as it's a stop between France, Belgium, Uk / Scandinavia / East-Europe. Even Italians don't have to travel that far. It's not a haven for international electronic music for no reason. I can lift my way to Berlin, and there are lots of artists in Germany and neighbouring countries.

Last edited by Jotie (Jun 14, 2013 1:32 am)

Nomad's Land
Mano wrote:

I'll headline if you want, no problem.

Only if you plan to use your real stage name, hehe. tongue

Serbia,Belgrade

i was planning a eurotrip this summer.When is it exactly i wouldn't mind coming to Berlin if i meet some cool people and have a good time.

São Paulo, Brazil

do it in october! big_smile