Las Vegas

Hey community, I was just wondering what cords you are all using live? I've been using the standard audio to audio cable from radioshack. A problem that im having is one, its too short... radioshacks in Hawaii don't got the best selection of cables... and two it keeps falling out if I move around or whatnot. Anyways..I was thinking of using a wireless and doing away with the whole cable thing. is there anyone who had used a guitar wireless system with the DMG? Like the guitarbug wireless or something? Just a thought.

Matthew Joseph Payne

There's no reason you couldn't do this, but you'd need two channels of wireless instead of one for stereo.

NeX did an experiment with a bluetooth wireless audio transmitter built into a gameboy. It worked, but there was significant lag.

Brunswick, GA USA

There is such an animal as wireless for two output guitars but they're not common.

Detroit

My general worry (as I imagine would be with most of us who use the Gameboy live/on the fly) is the amount of lag between button input and the actual output of the audio through whatever you're running it into.  I tried something like that in the past and the audio was maybe a half note late so solos and such were required stupid timing and honestly more work than it is worth.

Detroit, Michigan

it sounds super rad through an FM transmitter w/ 100 Boomboxes on the same channel

washington

on a side note, has anyone ever tried to sync two gbas with one of the wireless link dongles like these?

edit for linkage

Last edited by basspuddle (Jun 11, 2013 10:59 pm)

Playboy Man-Baby

Prosound jack --> 1/8th-to-RCA cable --> RCA-to-1/4th adapter--> 1/4th input jack

The Multiverse ::: [CA, Sac]
basspuddle wrote:

on a side note, has anyone ever tried to sync two gbas with one of the wireless link dongles like these

edit for linkage

I have the old wireless links for SPs but never bothered to try them because they block the port used to connect audio. . .

Last edited by Auxcide (Jun 12, 2013 4:17 am)

Taichung, Taiwan
basspuddle wrote:

on a side note, has anyone ever tried to sync two gbas with one of the wireless link dongles like these?

edit for linkage

I have tried. It doesn't work.

BOSTON
snesei wrote:

it sounds super rad through an FM transmitter w/ 100 Boomboxes on the same channel

WHOA. YES.

Boise, ID

I just use trashy homemade cables

Well, not really Wireless (or in fact, it is Wireless, u just carry a little box around with you), but fellow chiptune dude irq7 uses a Bluetooth Mod on one of his GameBoys and during Performances.
Really fun, part of his Live Act include to get of Stage and continue playing while beeing in the middle of the dancing crowd.

How to:
http://irq7.blogspot.de/2011/02/gameboy … h-mod.html

Last edited by 9-Heart (Jun 12, 2013 8:10 am)

London
katsumbhong wrote:
basspuddle wrote:

edit for linkage

I have tried. It doesn't work.

Damn, I was thinking today of looking into this, I was about to start a thread. Is it pretty definitely not going to work, or just too much of a ball ache to set up? Possible lsdj feature?

Chicago

iPod/Droid Phone>1/8th > 15ft 1/8th femaletomale> 1/8th to stereo 1/4th jack> stereo 1/4th to split mono 1/4th> house DI.
The extension is for tomfoolery, but otherwise, all necessary. It's the only setup I've found that all my tracks work right on.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
theghostservant wrote:

iPod/Droid Phone>1/8th > 15ft 1/8th femaletomale> 1/8th to stereo 1/4th jack> stereo 1/4th to split mono 1/4th> house DI.
The extension is for tomfoolery, but otherwise, all necessary. It's the only setup I've found that all my tracks work right on.

A stereo 1/8 to split mono 1/4 would do exactly the same thing.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jun 30, 2013 2:40 pm)

King's Lynn, UK

Pro sound 1/4, use normal guitar cables, or stereo ones dependant on how it's being used. I home made the only stereo one I've got though with spare materials left over from other projects, so it's not very long, but it doesn't need to be for me.