New England

So I'm working on an Arduino Boy.

I've cut a DMG-04 into two pieces and have stripped one down to work with. There are four wires, one red, one blue, one green, and one orange. It appears that this is an unconventional method. I don't know which wire is which and can't seem to find any documentation on this.

I'm using this schematic: http://www.instructables.com/id/Build-a … schematic/

If I screwed up really bad, I've a DMG-07 I can use as backup.

I'm new to this, if you can't tell.

Thanks.

Vancouver, Wa

just plug one end into your DMG and test the solder points on the mainboard to the ends of the wires with a multimeter to figure out which is which. with that info, everything else should be pretty straight forward smile

Last edited by Burnfingers (Jun 12, 2013 1:10 am)

New England

Thanks for the response, Burnfingers!

Unfortunately I've no multimeter on hand. Would it be possible to brute-force the right connections? Or would that be detrimental?

Are you adding the 5v pin?

New England
Apeshit wrote:

Are you adding the 5v pin?

No.

Chicago IL
Endgame wrote:

Would it be possible to brute-force the right connections?

what does this mean

New England
Saskrotch wrote:
Endgame wrote:

Would it be possible to brute-force the right connections?

what does this mean

I thought it might be possible to systematically reorganize the wires until it works. Yes, I'm that incompetent.

Vancouver, Wa
Endgame wrote:

Unfortunately I've no multimeter on hand. Would it be possible to brute-force the right connections? Or would that be detrimental?

well that makes things harder. you'd be better off not finding out if you can wreck things by hooking it up wrong lol. how about making a quick tester to map your cord out?

two pieces of wire, a led, and a 820ohm resistor (or any resistor you have on hand that works with the led). solder the resistor to your led's + leg (the + is the smaller finger inside the led, while the - is the big triangular one) and the - side to one of the wires. solder the other end of this wire to any ground on the mainboard (the copper plate works, or the - battery terminal). solder the second wire to the positive battery terminal on the inside of the case (the terminal, not the dc converter board). pop in the batterys, pinch your resistor to one of the wires in your DMG-04 cord and tap your + wire from the battery terminal to the connector's cluster of 6 solder points on the board. one of them with make your led light up and tell you which is which smile you dont need to turn the dmg on to test it this way, and no, you cant get shocked doing this anymore than you can by pinching a AA battery between two fingers lol. the left 3 solder points on the mainboard (top being the side with the power switch) correspond to the top 3 in the connector (top being the side with the rounded edges).

beyond that, buy a cheap multimeter lol

Last edited by Burnfingers (Jun 12, 2013 2:06 am)

Chicago IL

yeah i just went on google, if there's 6 wires there's 720 possible combinations. I can't remember if there's only 5 in there or what

This should help.

Source: http://www.flickr.com/photos/trash80/se … 324137185/