Tokyo, Japan

As of this morning the Facebook page cheapshot and had for cheapbeats has been deleted. It just shows a generic "page not available screen" when we logged into our accounts this morning we both got a brief message saying something along the lines of

"Your page has been suspended due to reports of copyright infringement"

Which is totally weird as we only posted content from Cheapbeats releases and shows or share links for friends events and releases. Also we don't have any emails from Facebook that we can fine nor does there seem to be any method we can find to dispute the deletion. The page is just gone. Does anyone have any experience with this? Any possible solutions?

ohio gozaimasu

Who needs facebook? If you want to promote your label just tie some CDs to pigeons or something

Brunswick, GA USA

No experience with facebook, but I'm sure it starts with emailing or sending some message to the administration.

I hope facebook's guys are better than YouTube/Google's, because I exchanged emails with people overseas who asked me to show license to use material I created myself. On the third email, I think I wrote "I do not need license to use the material because I composed it. Please forward my issue to someone who is familiar with US copyright law," and my issue was lifted.

Good luck.

Edit: My other YouTube incident was an autogenerated claim against a Bach piece. In a similar, shorter exchange, I explained that the song is in the public domain and that I played the music contained in the video myself.

Last edited by chunter (Jun 19, 2013 1:42 am)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Unfortunately there's very little that can be done. There are two email addresses you can try to contant:

[email protected]
[email protected]

Lay the situation out and prepare to be extremely patient. Really sorry that it had to happen to you. hmm

Unsubscribe

Make a webpost on it and post that to twitter, and hope a chipfan works for fb

washington

err... make a new one?

Last edited by basspuddle (Jun 19, 2013 2:55 am)

Central Pennsyltucky

This usually means someone reported a post as infringing. (take down first, care later). Usually the email you got has a reporting body or post listed first, and you're supposed to deal with them. If not, it might be your "name" that was reported as infringing. If you answer contact them with an "abuse of DMCA" you may get a slightly less slow auto reinstating of your page.
Alternatively, You could 4chan or Reddit that crap.