Germany

i am curious how much used gameboys cost in your area/country.
here in germany / niedersachsen, most gameboys are quite expensive because the used video games shops quickly hunt down good deals and sell the used ones for way too much.

a used DMG here is about 10€, in bad condition.
used gameboy pockets are the same, but more wider available.
the gameboy colors start at 20€ (?!), again when in bad condition.
all those prices are easily doubled or tripled when the condition is slightly better.
it really upsets me that i have to spend so much for a gameboy color... and i really need one because of pocket music color <.<

what are your local prices?

Last edited by Bamboori (Jun 23, 2013 8:14 pm)

UK, Leicester

DMGs are around £20, so over 20 euros
CGBs are a lot less, around £8 I'd say just over 10 euros

Here prices are depending on the color of the DMG.

The prices are around 15/20 euro's, grey ones are about 10 euro's.
Transparant ones are at least f'in 30 euro's which I think is insane.

SLC, UT

It really is too bad. There was a game shop here that was like the holy grail, stuff you would not believe. They wanted like $70 for a game boy camera. I don't think they had any DMGs but they wanted $60 for a pocket in crappy condition and Pokemon blue. So disappointing.

Murcia, Spain

In Spain prices are usually TOO HIGH.
People think that 20 years-old hardware is worth 4 times more than what it really is. It's not unusual to find people selling VERY used DMGs for 50 euros or even more sometimes. The cheapest ones (in working order) are usually around 25-20. A bit less if you can find good deals. CGBs are a bit cheaper in general, same as GBAs and GBAs SP. The GB Micro is another story... xD

Brisbane, Australia

In Australia i've been selling them for $35 a pop. People froth over the nostalgic value here! There's barely any (close to zero) retail shops that sell original DMGs (in Queensland atleast) so it's hard to value them. I've sold them for as much as $55!

That's not even to mention modded ones!

Germany

woah, and i thought i was off bad Oo

Pittsburgh

In PA where I am, my local videogame store sells greyboys for $20, clear for $25 (though I didn't have money with me that day, and it was sold the next day >:-/), and yellow for $40. Haven't ever seen them have other colors of DMG there, so I can't comment on their prices.
That being said, I also saw 3 at my local flea market today, two for $20 each (vendors were a**holes), and one for $12.

Colors are usually around ten bucks, though you need to pray to Satan and sacrifice a toe to have them come with battery covers.

Finland

Yikes. You guys are lucky man (most of you). My three DMGs to date ran for about 50 bucks each! sad

Bamboori wrote:

[...]
and i really need one because of pocket music color <.<
[...]

Seriously, there are really people making msuic with this?
Why not use LSDJ?

If you wouldn't be in Niedersachsen i would suggest to come down 2 the 8-bit Breakdown in Koblenz (5th July).
Buy me a beer and you can have a Yellow GBC (missing the Screencover) for free. Yeah.

Germany

>: i wish i could come, not only for the gameboy...
well its easy to use, and i want to use it together with nanoloop and lsdj (simply cant afford more ems carts/nanoloops and like the variety).

Bamboori wrote:

>: i wish i could come, not only for the gameboy...
[...]

There's something called train, Dude.
Even i have to use it to get there.

Just send me your Address, i have to bring a package to the post anyway.
I guess i can afford the 3,50 €uro for the P&P. Yeah.
Don't use GBCs anyway.

If you want of course. I'll just put you on my "Has-to-buy-me-a-beer-someday"-List.

IL, US

so what youre all saying is that i sold my spare dmgs for way too little money? fuck... at least i got $300+ for one of the midines carts i sold

Abandoned on Fire

Around here in Kentucky:

dmg or pocket $10-15
color $20-30 (got one today for $25)
advance or sp $30-50

"collector" prices haven't kicked in at all, the older it is the cheaper it is

Last edited by egr (Jun 24, 2013 12:21 am)

Bamboori: I have a purple GBC with adjustable frontlight mod, that I'd be happy to trade with some DMG games if you got any. I live in Denmark, so shipping would not be that expensive. I could also prosound it for you.

Around here DMG, GBC and MGB are all +50€ in decent condition. Insane. People think their old crap is gold. I've been lucky a few times scoring decent DMG's at flea markets for 5€ but those days are over I think.

washington

craigslist prices are usually around 30 us dollars for a medium-condition greyboy, in used gaming shops you can find them for 15-20

(last time i checked)