A GENRE IS BORN

"stockwave"
a contemporary experimental form of electronic music; a tribute to all things stock (i.e., shutterstock.com; freestockmusic.com)
the least offensive of all genres, stockwave is as underwhelmingly pleasant and non-descript as its source material.
jump on the bandwagon while it is still royalty free!

http://dreamstock.bandcamp.com/track/deep-chillout

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Aug 29, 2013 11:07 pm)

New Albany Indiana

GETTING MY FREAK DANCE ON

I listened to it and it's good background music.

Last edited by Bit wish (Jun 24, 2013 9:21 am)

ohgodno, Indiana

I could fucks with this, dunno how to be un-offensive in some eyes tho.

Louisville Ky

It's more like a new name for a genre that has already been created.

Florianópolis-SC, Brasil

Good track.

Chicago

this will be great for my windows movie maker AMV made using only images from the google image search of anime!

Unsubscribe
Orin wrote:

http://www.plunderphonics.com/xhtml/xplunder.html

IL, US
herr_prof wrote:
Orin wrote:

http://www.plunderphonics.com/xhtml/xplunder.html

all must bow before the great John Oswald

Chicago IL

not really a genre as much as a production aesthetic

stockwave and plunderphonics are completely different

Saskrotch wrote:

not really a genre as much as a production aesthetic

i could see that, but i guess it would depend on how you define a genre.. i would consider vaporwave to be a genre where some people would say it is whatever genre it is drawing from/mimicking- i.e. lounge, smooth jazz, etc.

Matthew Joseph Payne
defPREMIUM wrote:

Can't agree with this. Stockwave might be a "subgenre" of plunderphonics, if you even consider plunderphonics a genre in the first place.

Realistically, plunderphonics is like chipmusic, a set of tools. Stockwave seems to be the making of a particular kind of music using plunderphonic techniques and very specific source material.

kineticturtle wrote:
defPREMIUM wrote:

Can't agree with this. Stockwave might be a "subgenre" of plunderphonics, if you even consider plunderphonics a genre in the first place.

Realistically, plunderphonics is like chipmusic, a set of tools. Stockwave seems to be the making of a particular kind of music using plunderphonic techniques and very specific source material.

i see what you're saying. i guess the main difference (though not the only) would be in the philosophy of the two genres. all of the material used in stockwave is royalty free (even the picture on the album cover which still has its watermark) and it is specific in that it references a certain type of forcibly "nice" media found in the stock music/images world; whereas john oswald sort of went out of his way to use copyrighted material without paying royalties- not to mention plunderphonics is pretty broad and unspecific as far as its general sound is concerned. i see them as pretty different, with the only big similarity being that they are both sample-based genres.

Chicago IL

you guys are arguing over some fake shit that just got made up

Saskrotch wrote:

you guys are arguing over some fake shit that just got made up

i was responding to your argument wink
edit: and we're more discussing than arguing

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jun 24, 2013 7:12 pm)

Chicago IL

my "argument" was a joke about chiptune arguments that completely went over your head