Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Super simple, super easy. Some of you may already be using this technique, but I know a lot of great chip musicians who have never used Audacity for this!

New Albany Indiana

Nice tut

Sweeeeeeden

Why use Audacity for this? Any good tracker will offer a way to draw waveforms in the program.
Milky: Hold shift while holding the mouse button.
Renoise: Select the draw tool. Renoise will also create ask to create a new waveform if you're trying to draw on an empty one, which will be correctly tuned by default.

nitro2k01 wrote:

Why use Audacity for this? Any good tracker will offer a way to draw waveforms in the program.
Renoise: Select the draw tool. Renoise will also create ask to create a new waveform if you're trying to draw on an empty one, which will be correctly tuned by default.

true but i use mostly piggy which can't.. i will use this tutorial- thanks!

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
nitro2k01 wrote:

Oh sorry, I forgot that literally every production tool and software has a quick and easy way of drawing waveforms. I'll go delete the video.

;3

washington

yeah, this is dope for piggy.

NC in the US of America

MilkyTracker also has a draw tool. I didn't know about the shift+click thing.
I know of a couple people who actually completely sequence their tracks from the ground-up in Audacity.

I suppose somebody who is already accustomed to using Audacity would like to use this method, and they could even take it further and use all the effects and stuff to get interesting sounding samples. I suppose the more options the better. More toys to experiment with.

The midi sequencer Anvil Studio has a cool little audio lab that I like to use to create chippy samples and sound effects. Everything is handrawn: Wave form, pitch over time, volume over time. Pretty fun.

Unsubscribe

If you want to make wavetables for piggy:

http://lady.rdsor.ro/~kotro/index.php?m … dwavetable

Is pretty handy

Finland

Coooool. I've used Audacity for a ton of things, but never this. If I ever need to I'll do this. :]

herr_prof wrote:

If you want to make wavetables for piggy:

http://lady.rdsor.ro/~kotro/index.php?m … dwavetable

Is pretty handy

thanks for this link- i will use this