I don't understand how to use nlmidi to send or get songs or how to update the rom. Whenever I open the nlmidi04.exe it closes right away. When I open the command batch file all it does is keep scrolling. I really have no clue what I am doing wrong and I also don't remember it being this hard to send information. Any help would be much appreciated.

washington

don't open the nlmidi04.exe, use the command.bat file. the commands are in the readme file.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

It's a command line program. The readme explains how to use it, but you'll need to open your command prompt and run the program from there with the correct arguments.

For example, to send a file you'd use the command:

nlmidi04 -send filename

São Paulo, Brazil

did this work for you chad?

to be honest could some explain this to me from the start. I don't understand command prompts at all. I want the non scrolling logo rom  and I thought since I put it on C: right next to the nlmidi04 program that it would work but each time it says file not found. I attached a image that shows my shitty command skills as well as my c: directory

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/266/6ys.png/ 

if someone could just tell me what I am doing wrong along with text that shows me what to enter that would be awesome smile

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

According to that image you posted, you just typed the filename wrong.

The file there seems to be nanoloop163a.gb and you missed the a in the command that you ran.

I don't get why you have to put a / before nlmidi to get it to work.. but it seems to help run the program

therefor I suggest you also put a / before the gb file.
Could be some path issue

so /nlmidi04 -send /nanoloop163a.gb

might be worth a try

jefftheworld wrote:

According to that image you posted, you just typed the filename wrong.

The file there seems to be nanoloop163a.gb and you missed the a in the command that you ran.

a few lines above that he did type the a, and it still didn't work.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I actually have a different question related to NL Midi.

I have the NLmidi device in the correct mode and the sync pulses are being sent, because you can hear a bit of noise on the Game Boy as they are being sent, but it will no longer start playing via midi. If I press start the familiar WAIT message appears in LSDJ but when it begins receiving a clock signal from my DAW it does not begin playing.

I know that the configuration on my DAW and the NLmidi are correct, however. By starting song playback in LSDJ's MASTER mode and then switching to SLAVE or MIDI while my DAW sends sync works perfectly. It will immediately lock to the timing of my DAW and adjusting the DAW's BPM will adjust LSDJ as well. It will even stop right along with the DAW, it's only the start that seems to fail.

Is this something to do with a particular version of LSDJ? For those who use NLmidi with LSDJ, what versions of LSDJ do you have?

Timbob wrote:

I don't get why you have to put a / before nlmidi to get it to work.. but it seems to help run the program

therefor I suggest you also put a / before the gb file.
Could be some path issue

so /nlmidi04 -send /nanoloop163a.gb

might be worth a try

Thank you so much!!!! This worked great

yay! I helped!

I guess the only thing I don't like about nanoloop 1.6 is I can't erase entire banks and it doesn't seem like I can transfer empty banks either to overwrite songs I don't care for that I wrote. Has anyone have any ideas on how to either erase songs, erase all data or how to send a blank.nl1 file that nanoloop will take?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Anyone have any insight into the issue that I'm having? Still have yet to solve this.

I've now tried with 4 different cables (each one tested with a multimeter) and multiple game boys of different models. I have no idea how to get this to work.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jun 30, 2013 4:06 pm)

IL, US

well for the sake of troubleshooting, you should always start with telling people which version you are using for any and all software involved.. which DAW? which version of LSDJ... it could be either, but you give too little info to be sure. may be as simple as a check box that needs to be selected in your DAW in order to have it send start/stop signals

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
e.s.c. wrote:

well for the sake of troubleshooting, you should always start with telling people which version you are using for any and all software involved.. which DAW? which version of LSDJ... it could be either, but you give too little info to be sure. may be as simple as a check box that needs to be selected in your DAW in order to have it send start/stop signals

I've tried different DAWs; Ableton, Renoise, Reaper, Digital Performer, nothing works. Each one works fine with my Arduinoboy, however.

I've tried with Start/stop on and off, but Start/stop is not supposed to be required for LSDJ sync.

LSDj just reads the serial clock, not the data and hence interprets *any* incoming byte (8 serial clock ticks) as a MIDI clock signal

I've tried with every version of LSDJ between 4.6.2 and 4.7.3 and with mGB  1.3.2 and  1.3.3.

What's confusing is that LSDJ is supposed to read any incoming byte as a clock signal, the bytes are clearly coming in but it simply won't start. It's just really weird behaviour as it seems that everything should be working.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jun 30, 2013 4:20 pm)

Unsubscribe

Im guessing the nlmidi isnt sending the lsdj midi sync information correctly, as he seems to always leave features half baked.