Philadelphia

Hey guys, this may have been asked before but:
I'm looking to make custom artwork and get it to appear on the gameboy.

I've got a flash cart, is there a certain custom rom I can use to generate the artwork?  I've seen some custom screens before, I just want to know ho people are doing this!

Any guidance greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

Here you go

Philadelphia

Ah, SurfaceDragon is MIA. Is there any other options? I'm trying to find a resource where I can do this myself, or anyone else interested in helping!

matt's mind

maybe this is what you'd need: http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2013/02/19 … -graphics/

Finland

Well, one thing you could do is to learn enough programming to actually load a custom image on the gameboy.
Would this be akin to what you'd like to do?

Philadelphia

Thanks kitsch, thats exactly what I knew was out there but couldn't find.  And yes, just so happens I'm a web programmer by trade so this shouldn't be too difficult for me.

Philadelphia

Got it! Let me know if anyone needs a custom image rom, it'd be good for practice! wink

matt's mind

^ i'll probably hit you up on this myself wink

Madriz, Supain

closetogood, is this any difficult? I wanted to do this for ages...

Philadelphia
SuperBustySamuraiMonkey wrote:

closetogood, is this any difficult? I wanted to do this for ages...

Hey, I followed the directions in the link Kitsch sent:
http://blog.gg8.se/wordpress/2013/02/19 … -graphics/
If this doesn't make any sense to you, than I wouldn't call it at all easy. It takes navigating and installing patches in Python.

And Kitsch, sure, hit me up when you're ready.

Kyle, Tx

I might have to get one too. Are you charging money or just doing it for practice right now

Chicago, IL

I'd love to get something done, as long as its for free!

Finland

Tried it too but my previously installed version of Python didn't want to recognize the PIL so I never bothered. sad

+ I don't have anything cool to put on it right now anyway.

Philadelphia

I don't have the time to do graphic design, but if you guys PM a suitable image, I can turn you over the Rom!

UK, Leicester

I haven't used this new python thing that Nitro2k01 made, looks pretty nice, but I use the PCX2GB way of doing stuff. If anybody wants to do it  the complicated way for some strange reason (mine's that I cba to install python) or you're having problems with it/ want tips, let me know. Also what CloseToGood said, I'm no artist, but I can do this, so if any of you need a rom doing let me know, although seeing as this is his thread, you should go to him first.

I'm interested in making animated images though, I was intrigued by nitro's more than 4 shades of green rom, although I wouldn't be doing anything that fancy

Last edited by Alpine (Jul 22, 2013 7:36 pm)

Kyle, Tx

If your good at programming you might can make a quick program and accept a dollar for donation for it even so people can flash their own screens into the bootups on games. That would be neat.