hiding under your bed

I'd actually been reading you name like that up until this post.

Detroit

motherfuck

i always read your name as the one electric up until now.. failz

SLC, UT
PianoGameboy wrote:

I've actually been meaning to change my name for a while now.
I used to go by TheJorsh everywhere (still do in a lot of places), but then it got kinda mixed up when I found out someone already took it on YouTube and a couple other sites, so I came up with the placeholder "PianoGameboy" until I could think of something better.
All these years later I never around to changing it. I quit both music and my modding hobbies altogether for a little while, and just started back up around September or so. A friend suggested Josh-Shmosh, and it stuck, so I've been using that now.
Anyway, who should I talk to about getting my name changed on these boards, if that's possible?

herr_prof wrote:

It should be easy to say in a loud nightclub to an attractive member of your preferred gender.

She thought I said "Piano Gay Boy".

Wait you're not the kid who started the kick starter about making a gameboy with a built in keyboard? If not then my entire image of you is shaken.

Thinking of changing my name to xXSkarStreaMXx wat do u think?

hardcore, Australia

deleted

Last edited by godinpants (May 14, 2020 11:09 pm)

Detroit

well I guess I shouldnt be surprised

chunter wrote:

You may be less self conscious if you think of the differences between Cybotron, Model 500, Infiniti, and so on... More about changes of style than anything else.

I don't believe I follow you, if you wouldn't care to elaborate, could you please?

SLC, UT

godinpants is too hardcore to be lamecore.

South Jersey, USA

maybe a good new name for your music project woukd be squareheart. or maybe something like chipNdare. I like chipNdare because it's like chip and dale but instead of dale it's dare because the music you'll present to your listeners will be daring.
maybe Battery Pimp is a good name too.

hiding under your bed
stargazer wrote:

Wait you're not the kid who started the kick starter about making a gameboy with a built in keyboard? If not then my entire image of you is shaken.

I have no idea what you're talking about but it sounds awesome and I will totally take credit for it.
Yeah, I'm that guy.

babylon

if you change your name dont tell people what you change it too. imo that defeats the purpose. plenty of people have multiple names. once i met a dude who's music i thought was cool, to find out he had like 50 or more different artist alias's ( no joke).

walter b. gentle wrote:

if you change your name dont tell people what you change it too. imo that defeats the purpose. plenty of people have multiple names. once i met a dude who's music i thought was cool, to find out he had like 50 or more different artist alias's ( no joke).

OK, I see your point. If you tell people what you're changing your name to, their opinion holds.

washington

my artist name is different than my profile name, i'm just kind of too lazy to make a new one.

if you want to keep your music but change your name, it's really time consuming to change your artist name. especially if your music is available on a lot of sharing/selling sites. i've changed my artist name once, and it didn't change anything because nobody knew who i was anyways. tongue

so really, it's up to you.

and your artist name should give the listener a general idea of what to expect from your music, and it's interesting enough to make people want to check your music out. (just my opinion)

edit for second question, yo

Last edited by basspuddle (Jun 29, 2013 2:48 am)

Gosford, Australia
godinpants wrote:

I don't know who any of you are so feel free to change your names.

Thanks, Chipmusic

Thipmusic.

i would like to get to know you so don't change your names yet

kind regards,
victoria road

nashville,tn

Lolz. The key to a great name is something inexplicable. Sure in retrospect you can apply all kinds of reasons why "x" is such a brilliant name, but it's kind of like "success" in making music. There is no real causality to be nailed down a priori. It either works or doesn't, and always for the most arbitrary reasons.

Brunswick, GA USA
Xetryz wrote:
chunter wrote:

You may be less self conscious if you think of the differences between Cybotron, Model 500, Infiniti, and so on... More about changes of style than anything else.

I don't believe I follow you, if you wouldn't care to elaborate, could you please?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Atkins