Pittsburgh

I got started with Famitracker. It has a learning curve like a cliff at first, but tutorials on the internet explain literally any problems you are having. Learning chiptune is more difficult than an average instrument, so it'll take a bit to figure it out.

Playboy Man-Baby
Another Castle wrote:

I got started with Famitracker. It has a learning curve like a cliff at first, but tutorials on the internet explain literally any problems you are having. Learning chiptune is more difficult than an average instrument, so it'll take a bit to figure it out.

I have friends who haven't picked up an instrument in their lives yet took to writing chiptune within about a week and a half.

Clermont-Ferrand, France
Another Castle wrote:

Imo, it's not more difficult. It's like you said, veeeery difficult at first, and then slow improving. I 've been myself stuck in front on my screen for 8 hours in a row when I started Famitracker, because I started from scratch. But there are indeed very good tutorials, I remember that I watched the one from 8bitdanooct1 which is very well made for total beginners.
After that, you get your reward : there's a lot to mess around with trackers.

Last edited by PleaseLoseBattle (Jul 1, 2013 7:25 am)

Detroit

consider just using mario paint music composer

Montreal, Canada

methinks you all just got trolled.

Clermont-Ferrand, France
n00bstar wrote:

The idea came to my mind too when I read once more his message.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
n00bstar wrote:

He said he can't afford a Game Boy? You can buy a Game Boy for like $5. Sounds like a troll to me.

Gosford, Australia
n00bstar wrote:

Playboy Man-Baby

dat 14-year-old-with-a-blog blog tho.

babylon
n00bstar wrote:

i dont think so. he does have a cute little "blog".

but on the real real, if your "obssessed" with chip but cant be bothered to spend any money or time or effort, then sticking to posting links to other peoples music is probably your best option.

Tokyo, Japan

Yup, this smells like a troll thread to me. Closed unless anyone thinks we need to reopen this for some reason!