Milwaukee, WI

I'm thinking of moving away from the PSP because the loading times are starting to drive me nuts.  First of all, can any one comment on the sound quality of different handhelds?  I've heard stuff like the Dingoo has a noisy headphone out, PSP is cleanest, etc.  It would be really cool if someone took the time to do a group of comparison recordings. wink  A more definitive answer would be great.

Secondly, are there large differences in processing power between handhelds?  A few of my filter and OSC heavy tunes are starting to freeze up and even do some minor distortion glitches.  I guess using a desktop version would clear all this up but I want to stick with handheld (or pi) if possible.  Thanks!

detroit

gp2x is pretty rad

edit: if you can find one that is

Last edited by barbeque (Jul 1, 2013 12:09 am)

Milwaukee, WI
barbeque wrote:

gp2x is pretty rad

ha, not very easy.  Caanoo's look great but those are out of production too.

The sound on my dingoo is relatively clear but the headphone jack is in the worst possible position.

Montreal, Canada
vile_plume wrote:

The sound on my dingoo is relatively clear but the headphone jack is in the worst possible position.

in the middle of the screen?

under the batteries?

on the dpad?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
n00bstar wrote:
vile_plume wrote:

under the batteries?

on the dpad?

If it was on the DPAD you could use it like a joystick! That would be awesome.

My PSP doesn't feels sluggish at all compared to other consoles.... but I have fatmsmod installed from back in the days.

I have no idea about it's current state and compatibility but it's definitely something to look at

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/637110

Unsubscribe

Whoa I never heard about this!

jefftheworld wrote:
n00bstar wrote:

under the batteries?

on the dpad?

If it was on the DPAD you could use it like a joystick! That would be awesome.

Alright got me there.
It's on the right side where your hand would normally go, so its pretty awkward.

Unsubscribe

You can use the audio output on the bottom of the dingoo too, you just need a little plug on the side to mute the audio or just disconnect the speakers.

Milwaukee, WI
Mdashdotdashn wrote:

My PSP doesn't feels sluggish at all compared to other consoles.... but I have fatmsmod installed from back in the days.

I have no idea about it's current state and compatibility but it's definitely something to look at

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/637110

That looks really nifty!  But also like a huge headache.  Looking to see if anyone installed it on a PSP 2000...

NY
barbeque wrote:

gp2x is pretty rad

does this mean i should've kept mine? i gave both of them and my dingoo away.

i did have issues with the speed of the gp2x. and there's the horrible battery issues, but it fit in my hands well.

the dingoo didn't sound all that great i don't think and it was way too tiny for me to use. great battery life, never had issues with horse power.

the caanoo is still a little small for my hands and the start button is a little annoying because it's slightly recessed. sounds good. great battery life. more than powerful enough.

also of note:
gp2x: 200mhz
dingoo: 360mhz
caanoo: 533mhz

Geneva, NY

As usual, I will come to defend the dingoo. The sound is fine and the location of the headphone jack is also fine if you have a 90 degree cable, which I do.

Joliette, QC, Canada

Theta, have you try to format your memory stick or tried another one ?! Most of the time this is why the loading are so goddamn loooong !!!

IL, US

anyone got piggy running on a vita yet? from what i understand, most psp homebrew stuff works and the used prices are drifting down to the point where i'm considering one

Unsubscribe

I saw on the fb that someone has.