Germany
Alpine wrote:
Rynnon wrote:

idk, i just dont think those who like my 180 bpm chiptechno stuff are also into instrumental hiphop ..

But both of those sound like my kinda thing

well, i might have misjudged the listeners; INSTRUMENTAL hiphop might draw an entirely different demographic from hiphop with rapping, too.
but still, different personas might be useful for promotion - like, when they read one of my aliases on a flyer, they wont wonder if it will be fast techno, hiphop, both, or something else entirely.
also, i have a hard time concentrating on a genre/style. that is bad because i barely have a grasp on most genres i do.

clear downside: i dont really know what style/genre this alias is supposed to do. who am i?????

Chicago
egr wrote:

Seems like we should all just share our character sheets and relevant magic items, you can keep your loot and encumbrance secret if you like tho.

I just started playing d&d the other day. I understand and appreciate this humor.

Will edit with scan of character sheet

Last edited by theghostservant (Jul 8, 2013 6:05 am)

New Albany Indiana

I am Bit Wish.
Bit Wish is my artist name.
I am a real person.
Bit Wish does is not a made up character.

washington

^that's a cool way of looking at it

The people who know me both online and IRL will vouch that Heosphoros != Frank.

Planet Zaxxon

Music is pretty much my whole life. And since I am consistently experimenting with new sounds and what not, I tend to jump all over the place in terms of style and "genre." Whenever I create a new song that doesn't fall within any "categorization" or "artist name" I currently have, I come up with a new name. Then I tend to develop it into a series of songs that fit with the character, or how I envision it in a live setting/album listing.

When a new character emerges and all I have is one song or even an idea of a song, I can already envision what a live show would sound like, how I will be presented to the audience, and how my overall attitude will be when being that artist. It is just weird I guess, but I entertain myself with all this stuff. heh.

Sometimes I will go the other way and come up with a name I really like, then start creating songs that I imagine would be attached to that name. That's how Doomcloud was started. I came up with the name randomly one day, and immediately starting writing music of what I felt should be portrayed by that name.

It also helps people keep track of what "sound" they particularly like.. Someone may just want straight up chiptune, and hate dance stuff or rock stuff with guitars and vocals. So I felt I couldn't put all of that under the same name, it didn't feel right coming from the same artist. And most importantly, it is super fun and occupies my boredom to have all these names doing different genres.

Los Angeles, CA
egr wrote:

Seems like we should all just share our character sheets and relevant magic items, you can keep your loot and encumbrance secret if you like tho.

MrWimmer, Level 8 Human Bard

STR-12
CON-4
DEX-14
INT-10
WIS-7
CHA-16

+4 Suit of Unearned Charisma

In all seriousness though.  MrWimmer and Alex Wimmer are two mostly separate states I can be in.  I'm mostly just a guy who plays a lot of tabletop games, listens to a lot of jazz, and writes music when he can.  But put me in a suit, get me behind a microphone, and put some bourbon near me, and suddenly I'm this wise-cracking mildly asshole-ish dude who's crooning, and screaming, and trying to make you swoon over him.  The two don't overlap much at all, but I can genuinely say they're both part of me.  Other musical projects I've undertaken don't really do it to me with the same intensity.  I can be the mildly nerdy guy behind the synth if there's other people to pull some of the showmanship slack, but if I'm alone on stage, I guess I feel like I've got more responsibility.