United States

Are theses gameboys http://store.kitsch-bent.com/product/gb-boy suitable for lsdj? Someone in the comments section said the processor's a bit faster, is that a huge issue? I already own a gba sp (the first kind I think, let's you turn the backlit screen on or off). I've been looking around for an original gameboy but all the ones I've found so far on amazon have an issue or two like dead pixels hmm

Finland

I think the comments* below vote against it.

* The comments on kitsch-bent site.

Last edited by my.Explosion (Jul 6, 2013 12:03 am)

United States

Well other than it being a little faster is that gameboy fine?

Finland

Well. IIRC there are other problems. Such as pitch-bend not working as intended and such things. I do not think that LSDJ translates 1:1 with a GB Boy as with a Game Boy.
I think I read that somewhere. I don't really remember where. Maybe it wasn't for these units...

Sit tight, someone with better knowledge is sure to come by. : ]

EDIT:
I found what I was referring to. But it was said under the GB boy colour units. I have no idea if the vanilla GB Boy has the same problems, but something tells me "why shouldn't it?". But again: I could be mistaken, and I hope I am. smile

Last edited by my.Explosion (Jul 6, 2013 12:32 am)

hiding under your bed

The GB Boys don't pitch bend properly, they're a bit faster and out of tune, and from what I understand the wav channel is also a bit weird sometimes.
So no, they aren't really that great for LSDJ.
And you can find an original Gameboy on eBay, craigslist, or a locally owned retro game store for cheaper anyway.

United States
PianoGameboy wrote:

The GB Boys don't pitch bend properly, they're a bit faster and out of tune, and from what I understand the wav channel is also a bit weird sometimes.
So no, they aren't really that great for LSDJ.
And you can find an original Gameboy on eBay, craigslist, or a locally owned retro game store for cheaper anyway.

Oh good point, maybe next time I have spare cash and go to Play'n'trade.