Riverside, CA
arfink wrote:

NVSRAM > SRAM

Nice!

If I remember correctly, that's what the "Infinity Cartridge" for Gameboy will be using.

Minneapolis
tacticalbread wrote:

sorry if this has been answered already, but will these be reflashable?

if so, I'd be interested in one as well.

Well, yes and no. Yes in that with the proper equipment you can reprogram the cartridge. No in that I'm using EPROMs instead of flash chips, and so technically you can't "flash" it regardless. smile

Koatl wrote:
arfink wrote:

NVSRAM > SRAM

Nice!

If I remember correctly, that's what the "Infinity Cartridge" for Gameboy will be using.

I wonder how Jose&CO are planning to fit an NVRAM into a GB cart, there wouldn't be enough room. Those suckers are quite large, and I think it'll be a tight squeeze inside a NES cartridge.

))<>((

haha, well you know what I meant. ;p

count me interested.

now I just need a NES, lol. tongue

Riverside, CA
arfink wrote:

fit an NVRAM into a GB cart?

Ah you're right... it's just nonvolatile RAM, which doesn't necessarily mean its an "NVRAM".

Regardless... I'm excited for the cartridges you're making.

New York, New York

*Me stands in to pre-order artfink NTRQ cart*

Minneapolis

Well, I should have specified: mine is an NVSRAM, which is considerably different from other kinds of NVRAM out there. For all I know, he might be using flash. It was kinda joke. But I am slightly concerned for making the NVSRAM I chose fit the space, since it's a DIP package chip but is quite a bit taller. Fortunately it won't require a socket, so that'll pull some height off.

Ciudad de méxico, MX

awesome news! I'll be patient smile

I can has Heosphoros edition?

saintpaul, mn

how much will these be?

Minneapolis

Analog: yes, you will. I believe in you!

Heosphoros: Uhh, you can have a special edition blank cartridge casing? I could sign it? Or draw something like a moose on it maybe? I did autograph a special "Anniversity Edition" cartridge for Kitsch and his GF when I did the Glitchnes carts.

meotojite: not sure yet, but I was thinking somewhere in the $50-$65 range, depending on how R&D works out.

Kitsch: is she just a girlfriend still, or is she your wife yet? hehe! big_smile

saintpaul, mn

ill definitely be taking one then!!!!

Malaga, Spain

I want one too! smile

Minneapolis

I'm just gonna say, I was not expecting this level of interest. Thanks guys!

Litebritedeath Land

I would love one as well!!! heart

Minneapolis

OK, parts are all ordered up for the prototype, woot! I also have lined up a great supplier for the most expensive/obnoxious part, the EPROMs. Just so you all know, most EPROMs are no longer manufactured anymore, so finding a good quality stock at a good price is hard to do. Buying new-old-stock EPROMs can get very expensive, and even if you can find some, you usually can't find enough to do a proper production run, maybe 10 pieces here, 8 there, etc. You can buy in big lots if you get them used, but then you have to be careful because you can wind up with chips that have begun to get UV degradation, bent pins, verification errors, and sometimes they have leftover solder or flux on them, and sometimes old glue from the window covers.

But as luck would have it, I have found a supplier who has just oodles of NOS 27C020 chips at a fabulous price, so that's probably what I'll use. If any of you are really upset to have to go for a slightly smaller amount of ROM space (2 megabits is still WAY overkill) then I might be convinced to do some customs with the more expensive 27C040 chips. big_smile

Cleveland, OH

I'm in the process of having this guy make an Ntrq cart for me, I just have to send him the donor cart and label file:
http://www.nesreproductions.com/

It's going to be $25 (plus a donor cart and shipping).

Any reasons I shouldn't, anyone?