Pittsburgh

Guess he saw our posts, listed with LSDJ in the title this time: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gameboy-Develop … 1137042760
"This does work with Little Sound DJ and all that Music Making stuff. So if you are a musician you can use this instead of a crummy old Gameboy DMG. Plug it into a LCD as you play and really see the product you are making."
Crummy old DMG... the nerve this guy has...

Texas

I feel like we're also giving him more traffic. I hope it gets taken down soon enough

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

[null]

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jul 16, 2013 10:59 pm)

Another Castle wrote:

Guess he saw our posts, listed with LSDJ in the title this time: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Gameboy-Develop … 1137042760
"This does work with Little Sound DJ and all that Music Making stuff. So if you are a musician you can use this instead of a crummy old Gameboy DMG. Plug it into a LCD as you play and really see the product you are making."
Crummy old DMG... the nerve this guy has...

I know right? We can see our music music just fine on the gameboy's screen.

Austin, TX

A ghetto-rigged GBA clone in a massive metal box over a "Crummy DMG"? No thanks.

Has anyone sent this guy questions about it on eBay?

Texas
Boddah wrote:

A ghetto-rigged GBA clone in a massive metal box over a "Crummy DMG"? No thanks.

Has anyone sent this guy questions about it on eBay?

I haven't yet. I'd be a dick if I were the one asking though. Which might be hilarious. Hmm.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

I messaged him:

Dear xcrossxi3,

I'm very interested in this product (especially due to the low price) but I have a question about the controller. Your listing says:

"The controller is a generic SNES controller that plug into the front of the system."

However, the controller pictured is not a generic SNES controller. Will a generic SNES controller function with this device?

The second question I would have is how large is the storage capacity of the development cartridge? How big a game can I develop on it?

Cheers,
jeff

It's a SNES controller, im not really sure what else to say about it.

But on the cartridge you can develop a 32 Megabit game on it. I had a copy of pokemon on this before I realized it was wrongfully acquired, and it saved fine as well (It was a ROM, and don't use it for such purposes)

- xcrossxi3

Dear xcrossxi3,

The controller pictured has been visibly modified (there is an extra wire coming out of the controller) and there are no SNES controller ports visible on the device. That's why I asked.

Have you tested it with a standard SNES controller? Perhaps the Dev device used a slightly modified controller, do you know what a regular SNES port looks, can you send a picture of the SNES controller port so I know that it'll work with my regular SNES controller.

4 megabytes is quite big for a game boy game, that sounds awesome! I'm excited to hear back, this could be very useful for game development for me!

- jefftheworld

Dear jefftheworld,

Sorry I was wrong. It is 32 MegaBytes, not bits. Sorry im not good with my memory sometimes (Now I remember 8 bits is a byte). So its bigger then I stated.

Quick google search shows its not a SNES port. It looks like the one that goes into a computer monitor (I count 25 little connections in the connector).

- xcrossxi3

The guy is full of shit. File a report if you have an account and blacklist that username.

Dear jefftheworld,

I got it from my brother who is an engineer as well, I would not be surprised at all if it was something he made. If you give me till about tomorrow noon I can ask him as its 10pm here on the east coast. I can ask him just about anything for you, give me a list of questions and ill have them all answered for you.

Yes, ill ship anywhere.

- xcrossxi3

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jul 17, 2013 2:13 am)

Alive and well in fucksville

is he dj transformer?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Well, he "called his brother" and here's the answers about what's inside:

Dear jefftheworld,

I tried giving him a ring and yes it is not a Nintendo Dev unit. It's no secret im a collector and he wanted to give me something special that no one else would have. And id have a "rare" item as I should have never known what it wasnt.

Theres a GBA inside, it does everything I said it does and theres not much more. It has the cartridge slot for an SP because its better then the GBA's, has a conversion board for the signals and the switch on the back doubles the pixels for fullscreen.

So, cats out of the bag now

- xcrossxi3

Germany

so at least not a clone, but a gba tv adapter.
go buy it guys!

Texas

Well, still not what the auction says it is. I wonder if he'll further modify the listing.

Texas
bitjacker wrote:

is he dj transformer?

I thought his thang was waiting countless weeks to respond to payments?

Sweeeeeeden

As I pointed out on BH, it seems like their house may be on the verge of being foreclosed, so maybe he's just doing whatever he can to make some money. I can have some sympathy for that I guess, but that thing that he's selling, that is what it is.

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php … 66#p487166

how dare he not know everything about the device!!!!!!!!!!!
and how dare he say it is a nintendo device when it isn't!!!!!!!!
oh wait he never did that
but still yea WHAT A DICK RIGHT
EVERYONE HATE HIM

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
defPREMIUM wrote:

how dare he not know everything about the device!!!!!!!!!!!
and how dare he say it is a nintendo device when it isn't!!!!!!!!
oh wait he never did that
but still yea WHAT A DICK RIGHT
EVERYONE HATE HIM

Well, he clearly lied about a lot of things if you read the conversation I had with him. Everything from the controller to the cartridge to the very nature of the device as a development unit.

Moreover, he was dishonest and misleading in the way it was posted. He claims to know nothing about the device in the listing but after further investigation he knew exactly what was inside.

EDIT:

From his ebay posting:

It is not a Modified game system

That is exactly what it is, it's a modified and rehoused GBA.  Case closed.

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jul 17, 2013 3:58 am)

yes he posted bad info, that is true, but the mistakes he made seemed honest enough- someone who doesn't know the difference between bits and bytes is bound to make some mistakes. tho sure maybe he should have researched better. and he only knew what was inside once he called someone to find out.. idk it just seems to be less of a big deal than people are making it on this thread. simply don't buy it.. he is not attacking anybody by inadvertently posting inaccurate info about a device that nobody wants in the first place, at least not for that price.