Texas

How much would a GBA to television adapter actually sell for? Just curious.

the ones i've seen have been $50-70 ish

Texas

Right on, thanks. The diy approach is probably more fun though

UK, Leicester
bitjacker wrote:

is he dj transformer?

harsh, DJ Transformer is a bro, just a very, very dissorganised one, he's not a crook.

Alive and well in fucksville

thought transformer sold something similar to it thats all.

UK, Leicester

I know the thing you mean, VGA out of a DMG, just a mo

this one?, the price tag is equally massive

Last edited by Alpine (Jul 17, 2013 4:37 pm)

Alive and well in fucksville

thats why it thought it was that. I dont see how putting a game on a big screen would help to create code. if you want to see what your gameboy game looks like, play it on a gameboy.

Austin, TX
float.bridges wrote:

How much would a GBA to television adapter actually sell for? Just curious.

I actually just picked up a MIB Pelican GBA TV Tuner/Monitor from a local retro game store. It allows A/V and RF input, and A/V out. Only cost me $15. It works with GBA and SP.

http://www.eagb.net/advance/hr41.html

Last edited by Boddah (Jul 18, 2013 10:22 pm)

Texas

That's pretty cool!

Austin, TX

Yeah it's pretty neat, surprisingly great quality when plugging in game systems.

Btw I asked the guy selling the dev kit some questions,
I asked what model Gameboy it was inside, and if it was an Nintendo officially licensed product. Also asked if you could plug in a different controller from the one he's providing.

His response,
"It only plays licensed games so it is licensed hardware. Based on the games it plays, it is a plain old Gameboy. It uses a SNES controller, that plugs into a 25 pin port on the front (Possibly for other things then just a controller?)"

BS. Not licensed hardware. Obviously not a DMG, because you can see it playing a GBA game. And no "generic SNES controller".

Kyle, Tx
float.bridges wrote:

Well, there are developer cartridges, with stuff like EPROM. There's gotta be something, ahaha

I use eeprom to program remotes and keys for cars sometimes.
electronicly erasable read only memory
is that the same thing?

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Boddah wrote:

Yeah it's pretty neat, surprisingly great quality when plugging in game systems.

Btw I asked the guy selling the dev kit some questions,
I asked what model Gameboy it was inside, and if it was an Nintendo officially licensed product. Also asked if you could plug in a different controller from the one he's providing.

His response,
"It only plays licensed games so it is licensed hardware. Based on the games it plays, it is a plain old Gameboy. It uses a SNES controller, that plugs into a 25 pin port on the front (Possibly for other things then just a controller?)"

BS. Not licensed hardware. Obviously not a DMG, because you can see it playing a GBA game. And no "generic SNES controller".

Apparently it's a GBA with an SP cartridge slot.

Texas
IndigoChild wrote:
float.bridges wrote:

Well, there are developer cartridges, with stuff like EPROM. There's gotta be something, ahaha

I use eeprom to program remotes and keys for cars sometimes.
electronicly erasable read only memory
is that the same thing?

Yes it is!

Here's a picture of a Balloon Kid EPROM cart: http://www.google.com/search?rlz=1Y3NDU … S4u3WuM%3A

And I remember reading a thread on here about EPROM cartridges. Mayhaps involving Timbob.

matt's mind

first google image hit booyah

Texas

Exactly! Ahaha

Kyle, Tx

Oh hell yeah this just made my day interesting. I gotta see if I can get my hands on one of those.