Andromeda's Black Hole

Im very happy to report that i have regained my mastery of LSDJ. Im now able to create several kinds of bass drums and pulse kicks, as well as lead pulse sounds (thanks for the table tutorial, defiantsystems. Owe ya one). Im working in the wave channel now, and by my findings, the synth screen is used most here. Now, the synth screen gets me a little confused, as i dont know what evrything does EXACTLY. Ive scoured the lsdj manual, to no avail. Does anyone know of a tutorial out there that goes over it?

Also, while my beats and rhythm instruments are good in my my opinion, my melodies tend to.... leave for a LOT of improvement. Ive messed around quite extensively but they turn to messy muck very quickly.
My tempo and rhythms sound great. My song doesnt. Any insight or tips, fellas?

Thanks a bunch!

link ur songs
edit: please

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jul 18, 2013 1:27 am)

Andromeda's Black Hole

I cant. Trouble with the test mode and the software. Doesnt read my EMS cartridge.

just take a video w your iphone or something

Andromeda's Black Hole

When i finish my mythology term paper ill set up my speakers and film it, then.

aight

Andromeda's Black Hole

ONLY because you said please...

"writing about music is like dancing about architecture".. it seems like u make a lot of these kind of threads but a track uploaded for cc is worth 1000 words..

Last edited by defPREMIUM (Jul 18, 2013 2:07 am)

Andromeda's Black Hole

Yeah i make threads like these because my computer wont read my EMS. I really, really wish i could just upload my tracks (short, but plenty) and ask for criticism. Im left with my words to describe my issues....

can't u record line out from ur dmg into audacity?

Andromeda's Black Hole

its a pocket. I also dont have a music editing program. My history with music is short. I learned to play a Finnish 3 string guitar which sounds good no matter what (called a Dulcimer by some) and spent a while playing gypsy harmonica. This is my first attempt at digital music. I got an MGB and LSDJ so i can carry my music in my pocket wherever i go, and thats about it. Never really considered getting more complicated than that. Im more concerned on learning how LSDJ works first, then getting more complicated, better software and hardware.

dude, lol, ur silly. download audacity for free and grab a normal audio cable (u prob have one i'm guessing) and record some tracks so we can help u better. otherwise these threads won't go anywhere and you'll have to keep making them..

Florida

You should also get that whole "my computer wont read my EMS cart" thing figured out because when your battery dies, and trust me it will, you will be very pissed

Boy Without Batteries wrote:

You should also get that whole "my computer wont read my EMS cart" thing figured out because when your battery dies, and trust me it will, you will be very pissed

he made a thread about that in the past but it looks like no solution was found

Andromeda's Black Hole

Two words: rechargable batteries. I have no issue with my battery life.
And i sincerely, honstely, cross my heart and hope to die, have 0 experience with making electronic music. What kind of audio cable are you takling about? Theres a good chance i dont have one

just a normal 1/8" audio cable that plugs into ur audio input on ur computer. u also use this kind to hook up speakers to ur computer, etc. and then download audacity for free and record from ur gameboy. let us know if u run into any problems.