turkey

woah
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KcKoVK9oLPk

If someone throws my music on youtube I usually send them a series of messages trying to discern whether they actually understood it or just liked the beats, each more rude an interrogation than the last, finally concluding that no-one is qualified to listen to my music and downvoting it

if someone uses my music in a gameplay footage video i tend to blow up their monitor with hackbox

Montreal, Canada

hahaha, I'm so done with this forum.

Nottingham, UK

Same thing happened to me I said thanks for the support.

If they're not making money off my back, why should I care that someone is taking them time to showcase my music? AND fully linking back to me?

Last edited by ForaBrokenEarth (Jul 21, 2013 11:05 am)

washington

hey n00bstar, you should feel flattered

he made a video just for this song

this was in the suggestion bar, i felt obligated to post it http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRhoHN8x_00

TSSBAY01
n00bstar wrote:

hahaha, I'm so done with this forum.

hiding under your bed

Epic Chip Tune MAKES ME
WANT TO PLAY THE MARIO
BROTHERS!!!  !!!!!

No.

Last edited by PianoGameboy (Jul 21, 2013 7:48 pm)

Toronto, Ontario, Canada
basspuddle wrote:

hey n00bstar, you should feel flattered

he made a video just for this song

People actually do sketchy shit like this pretty often:

The Song Is By NoobStar But Send Me A PM And For A Small Donation (PayPal) I Will Send You The Track On EMail!!!!

Last edited by jefftheworld (Jul 21, 2013 9:58 pm)

UK, Leicester

oh wow, that has to be ironic somehow, I hope.

hiding under your bed

Considering it was just posted today and it's the only video on that account, I'm assuming it's supposed to be.
If it wasn't meant to be, I almost feel kinda bad for the message I sent him on youtube.

Subject: epic chip music

Hey Man Can i Get teh doanload zelda for the epic Chip Tune u just poasted!???!

Youngstown, OH

Subject: hey whoa can I get a link to that legen

of zelda track?

it is so much win, makes me think of mario at a rave just awesome

Chicago, IL

Go read all of Martin Atkin's books. Giving shit out for free is the best way to make money.
You should care. You should be somewhat appreciative.

New Albany Indiana

Put it on here and we'll fry them.

San Diego, CA

I found this on a post linked on Bandcamp's Audio Basics FAQ: "The single most effective way to stop people from copying your music is to stop making music."

http://newmusicstrategies.com/2008/04/0 … ut-piracy/ <---- for reference

edit: this was back in 2008, geez

edit2: I find it hard to parse the concept of someone using a forward-thinking, sharing-friendly website like bandcamp to distribute their tracks while simultaneously having a problem with their tracks being on youtube, of all places

Last edited by spacetownsavior (Jul 22, 2013 12:50 am)

So, I was busking with Low Bit Revolte in Cologne in front of the GamesCom. Some people look irritated. Some walk by, flashing a broad grin. Now and then, people stay and look and listen, sometimes in a bunch, they nod their heads, even dance, whip out their fancy smartphones. Shaky vids with crappy sound (signal chain: gameboy->streetcube->air->iPhone-mic) pop up on YT like "GAMEBOY DJs @ GAMESCOM" and so on and the comment sections go like "whoa whats that tune!1!!" and "download it here" and weeks and months later I google myself - narcistic type that I am - and find one of my tunes, properly credited and the CC license quoted, presented as a youtube clip with a rather lazy loopy visual-style video with the name of the song and my artist name flashing, so I jump up and dance around in my room, my heart pounding wildly, chanting "I'm a star now, I'll be famous and have a lot of girlfriends" and then I linked it from my project homepage like "look, I have fans too, just like Justin Bieber" and sometimes, when I feel like all I do is totally worthless, and nobody will ever listen to my stuff (except the people next door when I turn up the volume), I look at that crappy YouTube video, smiling to myself knowing that somewhere out there somebody has been waiting exactly for this sort of thing to be born into the light of the world, then I put on my headphones and keep on tracking.

And if somebody is making money with this and getting rich while I live off bread and water, so be it. There is a universal justice in the world dictating that he will be struck by lightning while taking a dump.

Playboy Man-Baby

Cry and give up.