Kyle, Tx

I am wanting to cast my own buttons because I cant find any buttons that are what I am looking for. I also cant find any tutorials on here or on the internet how you would cast a gameboy button. I cast xbox buttons out of hot glue and playdough once but they were solid and very miserable looking. They didnt work well at all. Trimming and drilling was just about impossible cause the friction made it melt. I am looking to get a set done in this color.

Cleveland, OH

You'll want to google stuff on prototype casting and molding. You should be able to find enough info just by searching those keywords. You'll need to take a two part mold of each button type.

UK, Leicester

If you're looking for DMG buttons, then kitsch does transparent ones, also does white/ transparent start-select buttons. You can't really make or mould your own buttons without a mold, and I can't say for certain, but I'm p sure it would cost a lot.

Milwaukee, WI

Yeah, just get kitsch's or ASM's clear ones.  I have kitsch ones and they are dandy!

Kyle, Tx

Kitsch doesnt have clear clear or white clear buttons.

thursdaycustoms I appreciate the information. I will do that. I be I can inject into the mold if i drill a hole somewhere on the bottom an then file it off to the desired length.

Kitsch does have those start and select buttons, your right alpine, I will be investing in those because they are a nice silicon rubber.

Thanks guys

matt's mind

casting the plastic buttons is totally doable, this is how the custom buttons started ~2007 (they were a home vacuum mold of sorts)

the silicone buttons...  thats tricky.  the issue is the membrane which causes the tactile effect.  its a pretty precise measurement, hand casting probably won't work well for you because of that.  you will get a button shaped just like the original, which doesn't 'press' at all

Kyle, Tx

Thats why I am thankful you have exactly the color I want in your store. I only need to cast the hard buttons. Plus the more I hand do this gameboy the more valuable it will be to me.

Pittsburgh

I've been wanting to try casting for awhile too, but never gotten around to it. Rose Colored gaming has a pretty good-looking tutorial for it. If you DO do this, make sure to share any tips you run into!
http://rosecoloredgaming.wordpress.com/ … ing-parts/