Interested in adding that SID sound to my work, not terribly picky about how. Looking to get my hands on just about any sort of SID synth. A SammichSID is probably the most realistic option (willing to take built boxes or kits), but I'm open to just about anything that uses a SID to make beautiful music.

Ideally, you'd want to trade. Unfortunately I don't have much in the way of chip tune stuff, but maybe you're interested anyway. I have a KMI QuNeo---amazingly powerful pad controller but I'm too colorblind to use it---and an Arturia Minibrute I'm willing to trade. Also have some smaller stuff I can sweeten the pot with: Monotrons, Casio SK keyboards, Boss DR-202, etc.

I'm pretty open to offers and negotiating. Worst that can happen is we decide not to trade, so if you have any interest, shoot me a PM and we can talk.

Located in US, willing to work worldwide.

Last edited by jaytee (Aug 19, 2013 10:35 pm)

Unsubscribe

Have you seen:
http://www.modemachines.com/index.php?o … Itemid=116

I havent heard a review of it yet, but you should be able to order it quicker than the other options.

As far as I can tell, that doesn't actually use a SID chip, just an emulation, plus I would like the option of adding a second SID. Also, it's just damn expensive; I don't mind waiting it out for something I can afford to come along.

Unsubscribe

there are sid based units and non sid based units. The sid ones are still available. Its about the price youd expect to pay for a assembled sammichsid in my opinion.

I know that at one point a version with a real SID was available for $100 more, but I cannot find that option on their US website anywhere, and besides, you'd have to be mad to pay $100 for a single SID chip.

As for the price of the complete unit, as far as I'm concerned it's way too high. Even if I had that kind of cash on hand (I don't, hence "ideally, you'd want to trade..."), I'd be a sucker to pay that price. Most complete SammichSIDs I've seen for sale have been in the $400-500 range, this Mode Machines box is double that price for significantly less functionality (I don't need a x0x sequencer tacked on). I see complete MB-6582s go for $800 in forum marketplaces and those have eight(!!!) SID chips inside.

Frankly, everything Mode Machines makes is overpriced as all get out. Why would anyone in their right mind buy a x0xb0x from them for $800 when you can buy other commercially built x0xen for $5-600, and perfectly fine home-built ones closer to $350?

Last edited by jaytee (Jul 26, 2013 7:52 pm)

Unsubscribe

What price gas? big_smile

France

Hye. If you want i can let you my c64 with the Mssiah cart (with midi in) + a alesis photon x25 that is a good master keyboard. For that, I'd be interessed in your minibrute. Tell me if you'd be ok. Cheers

West Yorks, UK

pm'd re:having  sammichsid availible