Milwaukee, WI

I think it would be nice if all of us Piggers could consolidate on one platform.  Anyways, seeing as Caanoo is likely to get MIDI it may be time to sell the PSP and hop on board...

Wherever

I'm a proud piggyuser too now. Got a Caanoo. BUT now I can't figure out how to change the theme for LGPT... For some reason the config that came with the Caanoo release (which I downloaded from Yahoo groups) doesn't have any info about the theme and when I put one of the themes from this thread in the config it doesn't change anything. Halp?

IL, US

try pasting this file into your lgpt folder, works fine on my caanoo

that should do it!

Wherever
e.s.c. wrote:

try pasting this file into your lgpt folder, works fine on my caanoo

Thanks a lot man!!! Worked like a charm!

Last edited by Spöka (Aug 23, 2011 10:54 pm)

São Paulo, Brazil
Theta_Frost wrote:

I think it would be nice if all of us Piggers could consolidate on one platform.

I politely disagree with you.

Unsubscribe

yea being flexible is good for piggy!

Milwaukee, WI

Well flexibility is nice, but I'd rather have once nicer platform vs 4 good ones.  I.e. if we were all on PSP perhaps it would have MIDI by now? Idk.

San Francisco
Theta_Frost wrote:

Well flexibility is nice, but I'd rather have once nicer platform vs 4 good ones.  I.e. if we were all on PSP perhaps it would have MIDI by now? Idk.

lets be honest, how many of us actually will use piggy for mainly midi? its nice to have the option but i find that lgpts power and point of interest comes from being a mobile tracker that you can make music everywhere with. carrying around midi driven equipment kinda defeats the purpose to me.
a lot of you forget that there is a port with midi out that you never even bother to use. if you really insist on using lgpt for midi there is a windows 32 version. if your going to talk about just focusing on one port why not that one? it already has it and probably would have saved you the money of buying a psp. that port has been out waaaaaay longer then the psp has been too.

Last edited by wedanced (Aug 24, 2011 6:50 am)

Tokyo, Japan

quick question, does anyone know a converter fomr 24bit wav to 16 bit wav? loads oy my samples dont work in teh pig....

San Francisco
Lazerbeat wrote:

quick question, does anyone know a converter fomr 24bit wav to 16 bit wav? loads oy my samples dont work in teh pig....

i just use audacity and you change the export settings.

hardcore, Australia

I've been using the free version of this with success
http://www.nch.com.au/switch/index.html

Unsubscribe

reaper has a converter as well, dbpoweramp works nice.

IL, US
wedanced wrote:
Theta_Frost wrote:

lets be honest, how many of us actually will use piggy for mainly midi? its nice to have the option but i find that lgpts power and point of interest comes from being a mobile tracker that you can make music everywhere with. carrying around midi driven equipment kinda defeats the purpose to me.
a lot of you forget that there is a port with midi out that you never even bother to use. if you really insist on using lgpt for midi there is a windows 32 version. if your going to talk about just focusing on one port why not that one? it already has it and probably would have saved you the money of buying a psp. that port has been out waaaaaay longer then the psp has been too.

win version midi doesnt even work  as well as on the gp2x, for one thing

São Paulo, Brazil
e.s.c. wrote:
wedanced wrote:

win version midi doesnt even work  as well as on the gp2x, for one thing

I had all kinds of trouble with gp2x/midi: midi not being recognized, lgpt freezing (only when outputing midi clock), etc.

on the other hand, I'm putting my faith in the caanoo for this matter.

IL, US

yeah, i still am not sure what was going wrong when you were trying it...