Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

oh hai, I was unaware of this thread.

A few points:

- Keep your "I can't be bothered to buy decent batteries" posts out of the thread XD - Canoo has better battery life than PSP?!?! Stop buying cheap china knock offs! And GP2X won't last long unless you are using good quality 2500 mAh+ Batteries!

- I have a bug on PSP I seem to be the only one to have (on BOTH my PSPs): I can't use the listen feature while importing samples: anyone else has that?

- On the "click/clip" topic... Can you guys actually post .ZIPs of the projects in question? We can stand here all day talking how about something might sound like it could be clipping... but unless the Vets have a look at the project and get a chance to toy with it, we're not going very far...

- Lastly I had no clipping/click issue whatsoever doing my compo track and my master volume is very close to 200 on all almost my projects... Most of the problems I have experienced had to do with me doing stupid shit with the filter, using non "0 crossed" oscillators, using the KILL command on a non "0 crossed" spot of a sample and misusing the scream disto (which is to say, use it in conjunction with a RES value of more than like...4...)

Keep in mind that the overall hardware volume capacities of all these different platforms must not be the same.

oh and for the record... Do you know many programs that cover so many platforms? tongue

m2c, piggürz!

Last edited by XC3N (Dec 2, 2011 2:47 pm)

San Francisco

I havent had any pops or clicks now that i actually have had sometime with the ghetto. I too always set my master volume at 200.

CHEAP KNOCK OFFS FOR THE WIN.

i think the hardware has little to do with the volume capacity clipping comparing across all of different hadwares i have. the only difference i notice is that some headphone jacks have a louder output then others. this doesnt really effect the clipping tho. its all in the software.

Unsubscribe

yea i think its a problem with the new filter feedback stuff. I dont see any problem when not using them on cannoo.

My psp is on some truck somewhere so I cant test the same project there.. but arent platform wars boring? PSP has great sounding bass, and sleep mode but is SLOW. Don't have any preview problems here...

San Francisco

I love platform wars personally. I am strange like that.

Geneva, NY

I had the same click/pops on win32, dingoo and gp2x and I imagine if I had a caanoo it would have been the same. I've got all my revs of my compo track in my dropbox so if anyone's interested in checking what my pops sounded like, let me know and I'll send ya the offending dat to check out.

IL, US

Sadly, I kept no versions of my track with the clicks and pops being too noticeable

San Francisco

Bleo hook it up with the worst version.

Griffintown, Montréal, Québec

wedanced: I meant knock off batteries for the PSP!

Geneva, NY

fack. apparently i was tracking w/o a net on this one: i only have one rev. but i'll have no problem getting the fuckery back. nag me midweek on irc and i'll whip up a manually reverted version.

San Francisco
XC3N wrote:

wedanced: I meant knock off batteries for the PSP!

aaahhh i see.

will do bleo

Psydney, Australia

I couldn't resist...

Being a text-only tracker, it only made sense to ASCIIfy the pigster

Turku, FIN

heart

Milwaukee, WI

Since the new ghetto I haven't been able to import samples on new projects.  Old projects are just fine.  New ones, I can listen but not actually import.  sad

Geneva, NY

Lemme guess: PSP, right? Bug has been targeted and reported. herr_prof said that backing up and reformatting his memory stick fixed the issue somehow.

Milwaukee, WI
bleo wrote:

Lemme guess: PSP, right? Bug has been targeted and reported. herr_prof said that backing up and reformatting his memory stick fixed the issue somehow.

Yes!  PSP-2000.  I'll have to see what I can do.  I would like to go full Caanoo though, so I'll probably try to sell this bad boy before fixing.

Montclair, NJ

Ignore this post

Last edited by A Versus B (Feb 2, 2012 5:37 pm)