Taichung, Taiwan

Jazzmarazz, do you think I can ship you a handful of my cartridge connectors so that you can include them in the bundle when you ship out your PCBs?

Michigan
Alley Beach wrote:

dibs on a connector wink and wouth something like this work? Its all i got right now hahaha

I can't find a chip support page, but it has the 10 pin ICSP connector so I don't see why not. Are you running AVRdude? Can you check the chip selection?

meanwun wrote:

Anybody know if this works with old EMS 32m carts? If so I'd be down for one.

It does not, sorry. You are actually better off selling one of those carts on ebay and buying an ASM cartridge or a bleepbloop and pocketing the difference. For whatever reason people pay out the ass for those vintage carts.

SAMWAVE wrote:
meanwun wrote:

This!

And if its USB?

The programmer is USB, but as stated above will not support the EMS 32megabit cart.

katsumbhong wrote:
SAMWAVE wrote:

This!

And if its USB?

meanwun wrote:

I just tried to flash 32M carts yesterday with a flasher that is the same design as this and it did not work.

It can identify the data on the cart but can not read or write to it.

To my understanding and research the 32M EMS carts only work with the old style transferrer and software. The software is designed to use hardware that reads through LPT ports.

I used to have one of the Bung Programmers and it never really worked properly, then again it was programmed for an LPT port and had very specific LPT address restrictions meaning I could not use it with Windows 7 even though I have installed an LPT port.

katsumbhong wrote:

Jazzmarazz, do you think I can ship you a handful of my cartridge connectors so that you can include them in the bundle when you ship out your PCBs?

Yeah, yeah. PM me for an address.

Michigan

I hate double posting, but there have been more updates, listed below:
1. New pricing has been established for extra options.
2. Katsumbhong will be donating 9 cartridge connectors.
3. There may be a modification to the board prior to production that could allow for you to program the Atmega8515 via USB. Still working it out with Nitro2k01 though.

Sure glad I had today off from work. tongue

meanwun wrote:

SAMWAVE wrote:
meanwun wrote:

This!

And if its USB?

So are you two out because it does not support EMS32? Thats fine, I just want to know because we nearly have enough people ordering boards!

Here is the current board:

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Aug 9, 2013 8:26 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan

UPDATE:

Jazzmarazz, I have 9 cartridge connectors packed and ready to ship. I should be able to mail them to you on Monday!

Columbus, Indiana

I'm going to have to pass, sorry. I was hoping I could try and build diy carts for this but I can't find the flash chips.

Taichung, Taiwan
meanwun wrote:

I'm going to have to pass, sorry. I was hoping I could try and build diy carts for this but I can't find the flash chips.

You get them from Gameboy carts.

http://www.reinerziegler.de/gbcmbc.txt

Columbus, Indiana

"bought a Zelda cartridge with 32K RAM. With this large RAM you can play nearly all GBC games.
Second, buy the 29F032B-90SD flash chip from www.spoerle.com or from www.jameco.com." It's the 29F032B-90SD I can't find.

Taichung, Taiwan
meanwun wrote:

"bought a Zelda cartridge with 32K RAM. With this large RAM you can play nearly all GBC games.
Second, buy the 29F032B-90SD flash chip from www.spoerle.com or from www.jameco.com." It's the 29F032B-90SD I can't find.

Did you give any of the companies a phone call?

I got some from eBay a while back (some as in like 2-3) and they were quite expensive for a single IC. Just type in 29F016

http://www.ebay.com/itm/290729347514?redirect=mobile

Michigan

These are the links in my watch list:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/261034137126?ss … 1438.l2649

http://www.ebay.com/itm/260897663341?ss … 1438.l2649

I am willing to place a bulk order with people. Just let me knows.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Aug 11, 2013 4:33 pm)

Sweeeeeeden

Read the datasheet before going for a chip.

DT28F160 - 3V signal level. 16 bit data bus. Unsuitable.

AM29F800 - 5V signal level. Has 8 bit data bus mode. Good.

Michigan

Good catch. The 16mbit chips must have been in my watch list for a different project.

Columbus, Indiana

Wow 6 of them for that price is awesome. Unfortunately expenses on my pet has locked me out of this for now.

Michigan

I want to get my files sent to the PCB fab house soon, so can everyone send money by Friday the 16th or maybe Monday the 19th? Prices are below for reminder. I will accept paypal at Apple2ja*cmich*edu (no astrisks of course). If you choose to ship as a gift, make sure I know your address and if you send as payment for an item, please accept the charges related. Note, I will still accept additional orders up until Monday, but here is a list of people on this site:

Jazzmarazz: 1 board (paid)
Bitman: 1 board (unpaid) = $18.90
Katsumbhong: 1 full-kit (unpaid) = $45.29
DCS: 2 pre-soldered boards (unpaid) = $67.80
Kineticturtle: 1 pre-soldered board (unpaid) = $33.90
Kitsch: 2 boards (unpaid) = $37.80

Board only = $18.90 (shipped)
Board with Atmega & FTDI pre-soldered = $33.90 (shipped)
Full kit unsoldered = $39.29 (shipped)
Full kit presoldered chips only= $45.29 (shipped)
Complete and ready to go = $ 49.29 (shipped)

Let me know if I made a mistake on what people owe. Katsumbhong, you mentioned wanting someone to source parts, but didn't say straight-out that you wanted the full kit. Is that correct? I have $50 in my mouser cart right now if there was anything people needed added, let me know ASAP!

We can worry about an eeprom order later.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Aug 12, 2013 4:04 pm)

I don't get paid until the end of the month hmm might have to sit this one out <_< or sell some stuff, give me two days to sort things out.

Taichung, Taiwan
Jazzmarazz wrote:

I want to get my files sent to the PCB fab house soon, so can everyone send money by Friday the 16th or maybe Monday the 19th? Prices are below for reminder. I will accept paypal at Apple2ja*cmich*edu (no astrisks of course). If you choose to ship as a gift, make sure I know your address and if you send as payment for an item, please accept the charges related. Note, I will still accept additional orders up until Monday, but here is a list of people on this site:

Jazzmarazz: 1 board (paid)
Bitman: 1 board (unpaid) = $18.90
Katsumbhong: 1 full-kit (unpaid) = $45.29
DCS: 2 pre-soldered boards (unpaid) = $67.80
Kineticturtle: 1 pre-soldered board (unpaid) = $33.90
Kitsch: 2 boards (unpaid) = $37.80

Board only = $18.90 (shipped)
Board with Atmega & FTDI pre-soldered = $33.90 (shipped)
Full kit unsoldered = $39.29 (shipped)
Full kit presoldered chips only= $45.29 (shipped)
Complete and ready to go = $ 49.29 (shipped)

Let me know if I made a mistake on what people owe. Katsumbhong, you mentioned wanting someone to source parts, but didn't say straight-out that you wanted the full kit. Is that correct? I have $50 in my mouser cart right now if there was anything people needed added, let me know ASAP!

We can worry about an eeprom order later.

I'd like the full she-bang complete ready to go! I can solder in my cartridge connector!

Last edited by katsumbhong (Aug 12, 2013 4:17 pm)