Michigan

I have them as well, but its very very late in the evening so I am off to bed for now.

Taichung, Taiwan

Reiner Ziegler's site is back online!

Michigan

Probably just a server migration.

Straya Mate
katsumbhong wrote:

Reiner Ziegler's site is back online!

Wooo! heart

Such awesome news, would've been a real shame if it stayed down.

Taichung, Taiwan

-DIY Flash Cart Question-

When looking for compatible chips to the two chips mentioned in Reiner Ziegler's research (AM29F032B-xxEx and AM29F032B-xxSD) do you look for chips with the same specs then wire to the appropriate pins (cross referencing both the chips data sheets)?

I guess I am late to request one "complete and ready to go kit", right?

Michigan

In case anyone is wondering, the files have been sent away. I am still waiting on them to be audited by the staff.

Michigan
Retrogamer09 wrote:

I guess I am late to request one "complete and ready to go kit", right?

Still waiting on your response to the PM. roll
I have the second board I ordered for myself which could be yours, but I need to know how many of the components to order from Mouser.

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Aug 27, 2013 5:07 pm)

Michigan

Boards are already being shipped to me! That was faster than expected! I can't wait to share photos.

Unfortunately, Mouser emptied my cart and saved carts! WTF? It will only take me 10 more minutes to build it back up, but WTF?

Also as of Friday, I am the proud owner of one of this:

Now I just have to clean my desk...

Last edited by Jazzmarazz (Aug 27, 2013 5:25 pm)

Nice! Stupid question though, is that a heat gun on the left?

Michigan

Yes it is. I may use it while populating some boards since I am purchins solder paste. I have always used solder wire, so we'll see how it goes. 
Both the gun and iron have pot-controlled temperatures and LED readouts.

Matthew Joseph Payne

Nice Apple ][e! Especially digging the second disk drive.

Michigan
kineticturtle wrote:

THANKS I MADE IT MYSELF! big_smile

I am actually going to send away a board that I designed (someone else programmed it) which accepts an SD card and emulated a floppy drive. I will be loading games from SD in no time. cool

SLC, UT

Interested to know how the solder paste works. I too have always used wire. I saw someone use a toaster oven as a reflow oven then just clean it up after. If that makes smt soldering that easy, holy cow my life is complete.

Michigan
stargazer wrote:

Interested to know how the solder paste works. I too have always used wire. I saw someone use a toaster oven as a reflow oven then just clean it up after. If that makes smt soldering that easy, holy cow my life is complete.

This video is very long, but very useful. I may make one just like it if I can borrow the GF's camera.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Z7nCAxS2Rg

I will not be using our toaster oven.

Jazzmarazz wrote:
kineticturtle wrote:

THANKS I MADE IT MYSELF! big_smile

I am actually going to send away a board that I designed (someone else programmed it) which accepts an SD card and emulated a floppy drive. I will be loading games from SD in no time. cool

How well does it work, what is the max capacity accepted, can you split the SD into multiple disks, how much for me to get in on this?  Do you mind sharing any more details?  I have 6 IIes of my own that need more love.  I really want to get an uthernet card eventually, somehow.  I need to get a cffa300 this time around, but I never have money when I want one (or 5) and they are available.