Taichung, Taiwan

There was a thread awhile ago about this.

The earlier versions of the DMG CPU don't play nice with the WAV channel, especially with sample kits.

Known CPU models that have been giving people trouble with LSDj:
CPU-01
CPU-02
CPU-03

Known CPU models that work well with LSDj:
CPU-04
CPU-05
CPU-06
CPU-07
CPU-08

Has anyone else had trouble with other models of the DMG CPU and LSDj?

Last edited by katsumbhong (Mar 2, 2016 3:18 pm)

Matthew Joseph Payne

04 and 05 are fine in my experience.

The specific problem with 02s and 03s is sample playback.

I didn't know there was a CPU-9

Arizona

I've got a CPU-06, my noise channel cuts out half the time when I use shape/transpose.  I can't use noise kicks without them cutting out.  Could just be mine though.

Taichung, Taiwan
MostlyToast wrote:

I've got a CPU-06, my noise channel cuts out half the time when I use shape/transpose.  I can't use noise kicks without them cutting out.  Could just be mine though.

It could just be that it wasn't reported before in the last link or brought up in other posts. I will make an annotation.

kineticturtle wrote:

04 and 05 are fine in my experience.

The specific problem with 02s and 03s is sample playback.

Thanks Matt!

Argentina

Today I modded a DMG with CPU-04, and getting a very loud buzz when playback samples on wave channel, even if that channel is muted or every channel is muted. I didn't tested before started and I'm sure I mixed an screen board from one DMG and the CPU board from other, could that be related? I tried same cartridge with same batteries on another DMG, CPU-05 and CPU-06, and don't getting that noise. Any help?

Update: Tried another CPU-04 and is not making that noise

Last edited by Zuberi (Jan 23, 2014 12:36 am)

Michigan

Noise is mostly introduced by the power regulators. The newer boys, like PiLs for example, have huge caps on the regulators which very notably reduces noise.

Madison, WI

I noticed CPU version one is missing from the list. I have a PCB here that was previously marked bad due to the playback issue.

Michigan
nonfinite wrote:

I noticed CPU version one is missing from the list. I have a PCB here that was previously marked bad due to the playback issue.

Pics or it didn't happen. Lol

I have not seen a cpu01 before.

matt's mind

i haven't either!  i'd love to see pictures of that thing!

Atlanta

Does DMG-01 = CPU-01? If so, I have one.

Edit: Oop, figured it out, I've got a CPU-05. It seems to run well for the most part, but I get some strange (non-intrusive) interactions every so often (on pitch bends and such).

Last edited by DMV.ppt (Mar 3, 2014 11:10 pm)

Taichung, Taiwan
DMV.ppt wrote:

Does DMG-01 = CPU-01? If so, I have one.

No.

Taichung, Taiwan

I was digging through my drawer of pcbs and found a DMG-CPU-01 rear pcb. Pics later.

Michigan

I need everyone's help:
http://chipmusic.org/forums/topic/13583 … revisions/