Kyle, Tx

What service do you guys prefer for your websites. I know there are freewebs and angelfire. Someone mentioned sites.google as well but which one gives the most.

- edit, clarified title - lb

Last edited by Lazerbeat (Aug 9, 2013 10:22 pm)

i use bluehost for mine they seem pretty ok except they asked for a photograph of my credit card when i signed up which was f***ked up! back when i used a free website it was 000webhost.com they are pretty ok ive also used google sites a lot but you cant build your own website from scratch & its google

Kyle, Tx

Is that even legal to ask for a credit card like that?

SLC, UT

I've used hostmonster (which I'm pretty sure is the same company as bluehost) and they're fine. Never asked for a picture of my card though....

Or you could host your own with something like DYNdns.

dunno if its legal but they havent charged it since the initial payment so i guess they are legit. bluehost are a well known company too. ive heard good things about hostmonster too. dyndns (or contacting your isp and asking for a static ip - a lot of them offer this) is a good option too especially if you have something like a raspberry pi lying around

Tacoma WA

I use blue host as well.  I dot think they asked me for the credit card photo.

I've had no issues little downtime and the times I couldn't figure out what to do they were pretty helpful

clovis CA

i use sites.google. I hope to one day make it run on my server at home though smile

Kyle, Tx

So it seems bluehost is pretty good seeing as the majority of you use it. But I would like to see if there is other alternatives. I dont want to get started on a website only to find out that there is a better option.  Thank you for all of the responses so far though.

Chicago IL
sandneil wrote:

i use bluehost for mine they seem pretty ok except they asked for a photograph of my credit card when i signed up which was f***ked up! back when i used a free website it was 000webhost.com they are pretty ok ive also used google sites a lot but you cant build your own website from scratch & its google

Damn, use a comma sometime.

IndigoChild wrote:

It might be a way to stop people using credit card numbers that were stolen online.

Brunswick, GA USA
IndigoChild wrote:

Sure it is, if you're uncomfortable with it, you just don't use the service...  I think there are better ways to accomplish the same thing, however.

Gosford, Australia

if it's any comfort, the security number is on the back wink

Kyle, Tx
Saskrotch wrote:

It might be a way to stop people using credit card numbers that were stolen online.

Very good point.